Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sidewinder Mod Question?

BarryL

Have a Tesoro Sidewinder with the 1/8 inch headphone jack .I would like to get this replaced with a 1/4 inch jack and also if possible to add a ground balance to the detector preferably a ten turn pot if interested send me info on cost to me . As of right now it will not detect more than 4 inches with the 8 inch coil so not sure what gives but I do know Tesoro will not do the mods I want .

Should be a solid 6 inch machine at worst...one wonders if it needs factory work such as tuning-calibration etc...

Hi Barry , I would suggest that before you spend a lot of time effort and money on mods to your Sidewinder that you contact Monte and let him give you his thoughts concerning the Sidewinder. It is still a great machine but is aged and piecy parts (boards especially) are scarce or no longer available. Hopefully Dan is correct and it may just need some tune up and TLC Maint. Call Tesoro and talk to them before making plans for any serious mods. My thoughts would steer you toward a different Tesoro to do any mods.HH, Charlie

Thanks Charles I traded the detector anyway Thanks