Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

signals and then there are signals.....

JimGilmore

I am using the new Outlaw and the clean sweep coil.
The outlaw I am told has an ED 120 discrimination circut.
No I kow that this will cancel out some iron and possible some other smaller targets....
But I want to talk about the OUTLAW and the kind of signals I am loving with it.
Lately ON fields(mostly baseball) with little to no emi I can hunt with the discrimination all the way down and the sensitivity all the way up.
This is where I want to say something here about signals....when you hit quarters and dimes the signal is definatly repeatable and clear. You could even say it is a nice smooth beep.
With the clean sweep you can just go side to side and pull the coil back till yhe beep goes away and then probe right at the center of the tip.
Yesterday I had an interesting group of targets. The signal was a fairly nice repeatablebeep but a little faint and sometimes it was hard to located.
Probing failed to get the target right off the bat. So I tried probing a bit deeper. Sure enough the trget ws a dime at about 4-5 inched. But the signal was still there.Repeated probing found additional dimes in the area at depth. 4 to be exact. I do not find silver in the areas I hunt so I probe with total disregard for hitting coins. But I do find that the ed-120 does very good at pulling coind and other targets from the park.
I am currently at 2 gold rings, 1 art carved Validiam high school ring 1 high school typ ring for a little league world series. 12 junk rings and $62.in change.. Plus tokens and other little bits. I also dig and recover the pull tabs and bottle caps and remove as much foil as I find. I also got 2 pad locks and numerous iron clips for sports equipment that the straps go thtough when you put on knee pads and such.

Jim the outlaw is very similar to the silver micromax and yes it is sweet , especially with the clean sweep on it . you really are filling your treasure chest already. and i have to say I am surprised at how deep the new light weight clean sweep is , on the 5 pin machine , its just a hot coil that new clean sweep .

Jim, 75% of my finds this month have been with the clean sweep. Most super shallow (1-2"), but some near 5" in clean soil. I love it for its seperation but in clean areas where I can run max sensitivity, I'd like to get me a bigger coil.. something in the 13" range :drool: