Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

signals when coil gets bumped

jessemxt

I was out today and discovered that when I bump my coil against a rock or log it gives a one beep signal and it was getting kind of annoying does this only happen to me or is it common? also is there a remedy. Just so you know I was prospecting with the following settings, relic mode, trigger center, preset gain, disc to 3. any help would be cool thanks

I noticed the same thing when I was prospecting in prospect mode last year in AK.

The false signals on bumps was worse with higher gain settings. So I had to go real slow and try to not bump rocks. As I recall the GMT was not so susceptible to this falsing.

What coil you swinging? No not normal I used the 9.5 for hunting gold, no falsing. Had a 5x10 DD that was noisy as heck and falsed but this was a bad coil and Whites replaced it. Exchange it.