Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Significant find in one yard - no great value in dollars

JMC

I found these two tokens a couple of feet apart just a few days ago. Decided to spend some time working the yards I have been with different settings and a different goal. I wanted to get deeper and past the clutter of iron that marks these sites. If any of my detectors are set for all metal in this neighborhood I can't move the coil even a foot without a hit. The yards date back to before the Civil War and are loaded with stuff. Homes have been businesses and back to homes, divided into apartments then back to single family. Property lines have changed over the decades as lots were divided up and barns removed for garages. All the properties here are from the 1800's and at one time had outdoor facilities and even cook houses. I have a friend up north that has always wanted to come down and find the old outhouse sites. He digs those for bottles and other items and has found truck loads of things in that fashion. So suffice to say the ground is loaded with stuff. I've dug up a load of iron trash and pull tabs back to when they were first invented. As we haveI cleared the way finally for a better look a new series of items is coming up. These tokens are early ones from OK Vender, I've have load of them. What is happening now is that things are getting slightly older on a consistent basis. Pennies are no longer clad, they are 1960's and back and the tokens are a generation older. Targets are also deeper and able to be found since I'm getting the trash out. I've been running the Vaquero at higher discrimination and sensitivity using the 5.75 concentric coil. Hits are brief and repeatable but result in better finds. I've even been able to find coins and tokens now on top of the deeply buried pipes. Drives the pinpointer nuts in the hole but as long as the removed soil is checked the targets are showing up. What I'm seeing is that these sites will likely give up targets for years. From what I can find out little or no metal detecting activity has taken place to a serious degree. The Tesoro detectors have been working great. I have a friend who brings his Minelab over as the yards are available to us and we have a interesting time. I know folks talk about sites stripped of targets. That is going to take a long time for these properties.

sounds like a lot of fun getting down to the goodies sure after all the hard work the rewards will come :biggrin: good stuff !!

AJ

Yeah everytime you dig out the surface trash and the iron in the way, it opens up a new window your detector can see through. You may think those tokens are not much of a find but I think they are awesome finds!!! Keep us posted, you just never know whats next!!!

nice old find, yes its going to take along time to clean that up