Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silent searching in All Metal- G2

Giantprawn60

Hi guys, so I started experiencing with AM (i'm more of a Disc kinda guy) but don't seem to see any difference between being at -5 / -10 and being at " hum" level, in terms of depth (both air and ground). Is it really much better,according to your experience, to be in "hum" level when in AM?

The way I hunt in all metals (almost any machine) is to crank the sensitivity (gain) 'way down, adjust threshold hum to a comfortable background listening level, and then crank the sensitivity/gain control up until the background noise is clearly audible in the hum but not to where it starts to get choppy.

Then, of course, ground balance. If the ground turns out to be too noisy, then crank sensitivity/gain back down until the ground noise is tolerable and is not driving the background hum silent. And pay close attention to maintaining good ground balance while you search.

If either the threshold control setting or the signal noise pushes the background (no target) sound down into the silent region, you can be walking over weak signal targets and not hear them. This is why all metals searching is normally done with a continuous background hum.

Thanks Dave. Your the best buddy. I'll have to try that when the 30" of snow melts on my civil war camps.

Geez this is what I'm getting at. I'll take everything you have to offer oh great one & I'm serious about that. We do love you buddy. I'm hanging on your every word. Thank you for telling us pointers.

This is bull crap. I can't detect. Just saying guys.

By the way I shoved that by hand. I'm sore as heck.

It's cool I'm used to digging that deep with a FT machine.

Thanks Dave, that makes sense. So if i'm in the silent region I may be losing targets as they can be "masked" by the ground, correct?