Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver and gold!

NeverHuntedOut

I wanted to get out so bad this weekend, but it just kept raining. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and when the rain went away Sunday afternoon I went out. I hit an older school area that I've been to before. But this time I went over in an area that I've not detected along the edge of the road. That probably explains the condition of the 1960 D Rosie. It looks like it's been run over a few times. :lol: Silver is silver though and I'll take it. I also dug this 10k gold ring. Not sure what the big stone is, so if anyone has an idea, please let me know. There's two small diamond chips on either side of it. I wasn't expecting a gold ring, but I said my thanks to Jesus for it. :yes:

1960d.jpg

gringt.jpg

[size=x-large]Way to go Okie, You can't do any better then silver and gold. Nice ring, that's what I enjoy digging up right there...........:thumbup:[/size]

You are right silver is silver. I love finding it. The gold ring was a nice score but I can't tell from the photo what kind of stone. HH Dennis in Idaho

Great finds there! I found a ring like that before. I believe the larger stone is Tanzanite. Heart shaped with two diamond chips! So cool. I'll try to find a picture of the one I found. Found it.....here it is.
[attachment 124266 MVC-014F.JPG]
Is this like it?

HH to all, Nancy

Amazing. I found my tanzanite ring in the same tot lot that Larry found his gold coin in. It's a very pretty ring and mine was 10kt also. I gave mine away to a young lady.....hope she still wears it. HH to all, Nancy

The ring is the same, but after further research and some help, I believe the stone is actually Mystic Topaz. It's just not dark enough for Tanzanite and there's too much green for it also.

Larry had thought it might be a Mystic Topaz from your picture. He's not going to let me live this down. :poke: He knows a lot about different gems, etc. At least I do know my gold. ;) I've always liked the Mystic Topaz. It's a unique stone. My ring rang up VDI 12 and was found on our anniversary. HH and thanks, Nancy

I believe the stone is Azotic topaz.