Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver and more

senda

Hi guys.
Last weekend I went up to the people of my origins. After a good dinner enjoying a long gathering marc brandy is done in these valleys. In times past, in every house there was an alembic or still to distill. Today the production is controlled by the state to collect taxes but which is illegal is richer, I do not know the reason.
I left soon -10 AM - and headed to the only field that was mowed. A site at the foot of the road up to the village about 2 kilometers. I had wanted to spend the AT PRO by. In 1848 a cavalry regiment was camped in the area in a battle and I hope to find some proof.
Field had enough iron remains. There were many signs, some very good and clear, as the silver coin. One of my first discoveries was a coin. Very thin, almost like paper. I think is silver and before the fifteenth century. Its poor condition prevents me a good identification. Others were a little more difficult. I had a good sign - can not remember the numbers-accompanied by a growl. The coil showed me an elongated grunts and center signal a clear and pleasant object. I started to dig. It appeared that looks silver medal but has no markings. I was going to get up when I decided to remove the other objects that supposed serious iron. Then a piece of string. I modified the configuration, I remove the iron discrimination and increase the sensitivity to stop. Gradually I was getting the rest of the chain that "I" was broken.
The morning was entertained with a variety of rewards. Several coins resealed XVII, XIX and XX century. The silver medal and one copper medal in the late eighteenth or early nineteenth century. Several pods rifle, musket ball, a small buckle and button and a small torch-shaped emblem. found two ¿stones? That sounded but are non-ferrous , no magnet attracts.
Apart from the photos I put a video I could record until the batteries ran out.
I hope you enjoy it, thanks for looking.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dZOfxcX-Ac[/video]

pentildea%20corel%20b%202_zps1uci6ibb.jpg

pentildea%20corel%20a_zpsiij9r0un.jpg

pentildea%20corel%20C%202_zpshvnollu2.jpg

20150607_151121_zpsmght27bv.jpg

medalla%20cadena%20triple%202_zps6zznzfek.jpg

MEDALLA%20SANTIAGO_zps0wpagbph.jpg

the silver coin
LA%20PLATA_zpsusu6tcsf.jpg

SURTIDO%20S.%20XVII_zpsbvbl8gas.jpg

BOTON%20PLATA_zpscvbhbsrt.jpg

TRIPLE%20ANTORCHA%20A_zpstq4dfmke.jpg

20150609_110052_zpsuvkqavxx.jpg

SURTIDO%20A_zpsq777xsti.jpg

Good variety of older finds Sir!!
Wish I had access to that much history.
HH Ed in co

That's awesome Senda! I especially like the shiny Medal(?) and the coins with notches in them. What are those called? Also, the country side looks amazing! I'm still without places to hunt with the lake flooded. I'm going to have to think outside the box...or lake, lol.

Outstanding! That pick axe is handy there! You two look like you are good friends.:lmfao:..I enjoyed seeing you get all the chain, I noticed you dropped disc, and turned up sens to pick up the little pieces, Great Hunt and thank you for the video! Nice Job!:beers:
Mud

They were a time of our lord the King Philip the third, back on the year 1602 of our Lord and our beloved king had enough gold and silver in America for parties and wars. Then the king commanded mark coins pennies to twice its nominal value. The citizen gave 100 coins 1. stared back 50 coins marked to 2. He kept his 100 but King was left with another 100. This procedure occurred 5 or 6 times between 1602 and 1659. These coins are called counterstamps. In Spanish, "RESELLO". The markings are different every time. On the first occasion Roman coins, Arab, Visigoth and medieval resealed. values, bent or detracted to II, IV, VI, VIII and even XII.
Resello%20a%20XII%20de%201636%20de%20la%20ceca%20de%20%20Segovia%20sobre%204%20maravediacutees%20de%20Cuenca%20%201600%20A_zps1ukklkdd.jpg

Resello%20a%20VI%20de%201636%20ceca%20de%20Madrid%20sobre%202%20maravediacutees%20de%20Segovia%201600%20A_zpsw2nzebga.jpg

Resello%20a%20VIII%20de%201641%20ceca%20de%20Toledo%20sobre%20ocho%20Maravediacutees%20de%20Toledo%201621%20B_zpst8q0piyw.jpg

Resello%20a%204%20de%201651%20ceca%20de%20Segovia%20sobre%204%20Maravediacutees%20%20del%20real%20ingenio%20de%20Segovia%20A_zpsdaagfl8l.jpg

Some coins had several brands to even 3, after the third mark, were often broken. King Philip III was succeeded by his son Philip IV, obviously lol that made the counterstamps until 1659. Philip IV was another "symbol of celebration":rofl:

Man....I really like those religious medallions. You sure have some excellent territory to cover. Keep those great finds coming.

thanks Ed, Mud, Darrel and John for your kind comments :beers:

Ed, I understand. In your country the findings will not be as old as in Europe but you have more chances of finding valuables. Here in Spain it is more difficult to find Spanish silver, gold nuggets, silver coins as their Q and dimes ... and above all, what makes me more jealous of you are the CW findings.

I encourage Dgruff, the water level down soon to share their treasures ...:detecting:

Mr Mud, have a good eye. the azapico, is a military tool of the Spanish Army sappers. They are of high quality. They were decommissioned and sold to civilians. In this area it is impossible to dig another kind of tool, the terrain is very rocky under a thin layer of soil and grass. No land can resist its power, it is the ultimate weapon. And yes, we are lovers and inseparable ...:inlove:

John, I also really like the medallions are one of my favorite pieces. Here is a link on a Spanish forum medals and crucifixes, if you or someone else is interested in looking at, it's interesting.
regards
:beers: