Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver beading..?

srf2112

I found this piece of decorative silver on a hunt today. Coins and relics found in this area date from the 40's to as far back as late 19th century. It measures 3-1/2" x 3/8" (a couple wheats I also found are in the pic for scale) and has 3 prongs/hooks that look to have been hand soldered onto the back. All I can say is it's very old and obviously silver...other than that I have no idea what it is or was used for. Any ideas...?

Horse Halter decoration...

I think these may have been linked upholstery beads. I know that sound weird, but, check out this eBay site.....scroll down to almost the bottom of the page and it will describe something very similar to what you have found:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Decorative-Nail-Head-1558-50pc-brass-tacks-clavos-brad-/380076557258

I second the upholstery beads...Those are bent over tack pins on the back

HH,

Thanks everyone. Yes, it appears to be the exact same item as upholstery tacking but I think you're heading in the right direction edjcox. From all the suggestions I've come to the conclusion that it came off of some type of horse/riding hardware or trim. It's also been suggested that it may be decorative trim off of a hat which i think is also a good idea. These fall more into line with what I might expect to find at this spot than a piece of a couch...but you never know. Thanks again...

You are correct, srt. I only used the "upholstery" bead example to point them out. I have seen the same things used on harnesses, cowboy hats, belts, boots, purses, saddles, etc. etc. Where you found them would be the best indicator of what they were actually used for

Roland58 said:
You are correct, srt. I only used the "upholstery" bead example to point them out. I have seen the same things used on harnesses, cowboy hats, belts, boots, purses, saddles, etc. etc. Where you found them would be the best indicator of what they were actually used for
Thanks for the work Roland, you nailed it...