Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver...Blingo is my Name...o

REVIER

Back at a basketball court on my tour of revisiting some of my better ones but this time with the F70.
I am good around these things, I have found plenty of silver and gold in the past, but there is usually so much trash at these things I don't believe for a minute I have found it all at any one of these sites.

My second visit to this one with the F70 and the sniper coil, the last time I found a silver ring with a heart made of gold and a fancy top teeth grill with some initials...also silver I believe.

This time I found the perfect accessory to wear on the town after I rework that grill to fit me.
All crushed up when I found it but I got it straightened out at home and now It will look great on display...when I am not wearing it, that is.
Who needs to buy jewelry when you can find the best stuff hiding in the dirt.

Below are pics the way I found it, after I straightened it, after I cleaned it and shined it up and of course how good it looks on my hand.

Good job! That thing is huge! I bet that sped up your heart rate when it came out of the ground!
HH Ed in co.

Hey revier, your just making me want to sell all i own any buy an f 70! Your experience is showing to be as concistant as you are takes skill. Congradulations.

Yes that would look good when you are out doing that pimping thing. But be careful that one of the competition doesn't see you and decide that it would look better on his hand.

Nice job of hunting and Nice Find.

That looks like a high $$ ring. You better watch yourself when you go out on the town... KEN

GeorgeinSC said:
Yes that would look good when you are out doing that pimping thing. But be careful that one of the competition doesn't see you and decide that it would look better on his hand.

Nice job of hunting and Nice Find.

No he could not pimp with that ring. The old hand would give it away.But great job on the find Rev.HH:jump:

Thats big silver! :clapping: Whats it weigh you think? I can see the '925' on that reverse shot ...thats really a big funny ring though! It would be hard to wear, and I bet you cant put your hand in your pocket with that thing on...I suppose a guy could turn it into a money clip, or heck, even a belt buckle!:rofl:
Mud

mudpuppy said:
Thats big silver! :clapping: Whats it weigh you think? I can see the '925' on that reverse shot ...thats really a big funny ring though! It would be hard to wear, and I bet you cant put your hand in your pocket with that thing on...I suppose a guy could turn it into a money clip, or heck, even a belt buckle!:rofl:
Mud

5.4 grams...925 is marked on the top of the dollar sign and the band.
I have never found a silver piece before that had that hammered look, all the others were zinc or something else.
Pleasantly surprised this was silver, and I love surprises.
Found on the same side of the court here I found this ring with a 14k gold heart behind a fence.
The heart ring was found at the yellow box mark, this ring was south of that nearer to the other end.
I know for sure the fence was put up way later after the court was built because of the jewelry, clad and trash that runs all up and down this side.
I know all I am finding now was deposited before that fence was put up.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?91,2113306,2113306#msg-2113306

Still using 1 tone, sense on 85, 4 on disc -2 on the threshold, sniper DD coil onboard because of the very heavy trash.
Unlike times when I have the big DD coil onboard and I turn down the sense to the 30's or 40's to tighten up that scanning field to pick through the trash, with the smaller sniper mounted I don't find it necessary to do that so much and target separation is still at super high levels.
This one tone setting for hunting in iron sites is working very well for me in regular park trash and not just at iron sites which I hoped would be the case.
Silver and gold targets are popping out of the ground for me at several sites I have hit over and over in the past with other detectors.
I can't count how many times I went over this same area with the F2 and 2 coils and the Compadre, too.
Not to mention I used the F70 and sniper coil here last time and missed this signal on that hunt even though this time I saw a steady and solid 77 on the screen on this visit.
This is why I always revisit these sites over and over and hit them from different angles...I never consider sites like this finished plus they reload over time.
So much trash here I am not surprised I missed good targets, but the F70 seems to be finding them at a good clip in this heavy garbage laden site.
Actually, the ease at which this thing is able to do this with a slow moving coil with trash so close is surprising.

This is one of my better bball courts in my area...there are even better ones I have not been too this season at all because they are further away and I have limited time.
At a few of those I found even better silver rings, silver chains and gold rings and chains and still left a ton of trash.
I need to make the time to take the F70 to these sites.
If I missed anything great I have confidence this set up can find it.

Really sweet rewards there. Yeah, those bball courts are hard work. So much crapulance (to steal a word from another member) that one could stay on their hands and knees all day combing the trash.
HH - Bruce

Ytcoinshooter said:
Really sweet rewards there. Yeah, those bball courts are hard work. So much crapulance (to steal a word from another member) that one could stay on their hands and knees all day combing the trash.
HH - Bruce

Craptacular!
But after almost 10 gold targets and a bunch of silver rings and chains dug from around these things I deal with the heavy trash easily and with a positive outlook.
On every solid target I dig that very next one will probably be trash...but not all of them.