Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver Coin program

Mtcooley

I was wondering if anyone has a program setup to find just silver coins. What is the best frequency to find deep silver with the Deus?

There is one that was posted here, maybe search...I wil see if I wrote it down, if I did I will post it for ya.....

Jim

You may also want to change the upper notch to 97-99 or 98-99 since some of the deep targets (silver and copper) will sometimes ID in the mid 90s if they are 8" deep or more. At this range the software cant quite fully resolve a target, but the audio should sound good.

This is true using 8 kHz and 12 kHz, so I would assume that 4 kHz would also behave in the same manner to some extent. 4 kHz definitely lights up deeper targets a lot better, moreso high-conducting targets like copper, brass, and silver.

On the other hand, 12 and 18 kHz will hit lower conductors much better at depth - but depending on the area you hunt it may be a better idea to ignore small bits of can slaw and foil...if you know beforehand that these items are NOT present - this would dictate what freq would work best for you. Usually in a wooded, trash free area 4 and 8 kHz will get you the most depth on coins and relics, and 12 kHz will get a little more depth on the smaller relics.

It all boils down to the area you plan on hunting and what you expect to find. Keep your options open (notching) to anticipate items you MAY NOT expect to find as well! Happy hunting!

If you set you machine up with that much descrim your missing deeper targets and masked one. Decrimination is the devil! lol

Big Boys Hobbies said:
If you set you machine up with that much descrim your missing deeper targets and masked one. Decrimination is the devil! lol

What Disc setting?

Jim

Take a silver dime or a half dime (if you have one) and ID the coin with an air test using 4Khz. Say the dime reads 72-74 (half dime can ID 64-65) depending the distance away from the coil, use the lowest # (72) as the starting point for the highest tone. So, 4Khz, disc=2, reactivity=1 or 2, (go to disc expert 3 tones) , 00-2 will be silent, low tone=3-71, high tone=72-96, notch=97-99. To notch, go to notch, push + until the highest notch is reached (93-99), press expert and change from 93 to 97 using the +. Iron volume=0, audio res=3, SEN=what ever works for your soil. HH