Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver doesn't just sink . . .

srf2112

. . . apparently it also burrows South. Two silver coins this year and they're both Canadian ?!?? Joel . . . you know anything about this ? LOL I think they are remarkably beautiful coins. They were found on opposite sides of town so it wasn't just one Canuck being careless with their change. The 1909 dime has been hit by a plow or something. The 1940 quarter was the first silver coin I've found from a private estate search. (also found a 43' canadian penny & a 44' S wheatie) It's got me pumped to get after more private sites. I've seen a lot of potentially good spots be uncovered but I hesitate or am busy . . . then they're gone. Not gonna keep making that mistake. I've got two or three neighboring yards I'm eyeballing right now. Thanks and have a great day.

Sweet pics, Scott. I am ALWAYS digging Canadians here in California too. Have a great week!

Lodihunter

srf2112 said:
. . . apparently it also burrows South. Two silver coins this year and they're both Canadian ?!?? Joel . . . you know anything about this ? LOL I think they are remarkably beautiful coins. They were found on opposite sides of town so it wasn't just one Canuck being careless with their change. The 1909 dime has been hit by a plow or something. The 1940 quarter was the first silver coin I've found from a private estate search. (also found a 43' canadian penny & a 44' S wheatie) It's got me pumped to get after more private sites. I've seen a lot of potentially good spots be uncovered but I hesitate or am busy . . . then they're gone. Not gonna keep making that mistake. I've got two or three neighboring yards I'm eyeballing right now. Thanks and have a great day.

Shoot !! Imust be detecting in the wrong country:rofl:
Must be those people, call them ( snowbirds )
that go down south to escape the winter.
Those look minty must have been lost soon
after being minted.
Keep at it there might be a small nickel ( fishscale )
there for you to find:thumbup:

Thanks guys. Yeah Joel that quarter popped out all shiny and looking pretty new. I'm going back to check the area again tomorrow with a little bigger coil. I might be able to search an area in the backyard also but I need more permission. Fishscale you say ? Small nickel ? What VDI range would you say ? There's not any trash really so I'm digging everything anyway. I'll let you know. Keep huntin . . .

srf2112 said:
Thanks guys. Yeah Joel that quarter popped out all shiny and looking pretty new. I'm going back to check the area again tomorrow with a little bigger coil. I might be able to search an area in the backyard also but I need more permission. Fishscale you say ? Small nickel ? What VDI range would you say ? There's not any trash really so I'm digging everything anyway. I'll let you know. Keep huntin . . .

Those small nickels minted from 1850s to 1921
About 2 million minted of the 1921 with only 460
left in circulation the rest melted.
Value from $5000 to minty coin value $50,000
One was found in a local park 10 years ago
fellow sold it to a coin dealer for $5000 in turn
the dealer upped his price and sold it for twice that amount.
I only know of two finds in this area.
It's size is much smaller than the dime and of silver composition.
Likely coin in the silver signal range of mid eighties and likely
soft high tone signal because of its small size. I use the MXT and XLT
Check out the signal you got for that silver dime would be the same but fainter.
Good luck hope you find one regardless of the year.
I 'm still looking for my first find.of any year.
Im sure lots of people have trouble finding that coin
because of its tiny signature on the detectors.
Even thougt troughout the years many have been minted
its not a common find.

Scott,
You have obviously made a full 100% Metal Detector recovery and are back to your old self. Nice Job and nice finds. :thumbup: CCH

Thanks again guys. Joel I hit that spot again but nothing good this time. I dug every signal I got but nothing better than some old lead sheeting. I did find an old fishing weight which I always get a kick out of. Hunt on . . . .