Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver finds

still looking 52

Finally got some silver yesterday, two nice silver Rosie's, 1952D &1959S. Both coins were in the same area about 15 feet apart and both coins came in around 73 on the screen with 5" depth.
My brother Ron also got a nice 1942S Mercury dime not far from the Rosie's, maybe he'll add to this post with a picture after he sees this post?
The other good thing is we found all three of these dimes in the same area right at the end of the day and we've got lots more area to cover when we get back.

About all I can add is my unreal penny coin spell. If my brother and I are hunting close enough we like to flag our targets and then check each others targets before we dig. So brother Greg was checking one of mine and made the call that it was a penny or maybe a dime, which was my call as well. I opened the hole and 2 pennies, I put the PP in the hole and targets were everywhere. I just keep pulling pennies out and handing them to Greg, it was getting so bad I hated hear the buzz of the PP. I got home and counted and I pulled 40 pennies. Greg seemed to think somebody either dropped or hid a whole role of pennies.

We filled the hole in and I gave it another sweep with the detector and you guessed it there was still more coins in there. We just left it there for another day.

Ron in WV

When it comes to silver coins the best permissions I have ever gotten were in the Point Pleasant area. I had a permission near Point and when I got there the grass was at least knee deep. The house had belonged to the land owners grandparents. I asked about the home where his parents had lived and got permission.

I hit that yard three different times. Front yard gave up a couple dollars inn modern clad. Four Mercs, Two Rosies and Quarter. First time I have ever found seven silver coins on a permission.

The yard also gave up 37 wheat pennies. Now I wonder what I may have missed. Finding out will require another trip. to WV.