Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver & Gold -14K...

Blind Squirrel

Howdy--

We have had triple digit heat here in west Texas for several days which makes detecting a real challenge. Well, it was going to get down to a high of 99 degrees so off we went. I found a recent house tare-down in a potentially productive neighborhood and that was our destination. Kenneth and I both dug a few $'s in clad. Then I got into an area where wheat cents were coming out of the ground. I thought if there are wheat's here there SHOULD be silver too. I was correct. I started off with a couple Mercs - 1943-S & a 1941 followed by 1949-S & 1951-S Roosevelt's. The soil was not kind to either the silver or copper finds. I was digging a 55-58 vdi reading on my V3i which turned out to be a screw cap but on the side of the hole I saw a yellow ring. It turned out to be a small ring with a "GERMANY" mark. There is no K mark so I'm guessing that it is gold plate. What I thought was a neat find was a Firestone Token which reads: "Good for $1.00 in trade on any purchase of $10.00 or more on our budget plan". What REALLY made my day was getting a solid 38-39 reading @ 4" that turned out to not be a pull tab but a 5.1 gram 14K gold wedding band! I'm sure glad that I decided to to detect on that hot day. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel