Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

silver & gold at the ball field

fongu

I went to this ball field last week for an hour and found the 1935 mercury dime, 1925, 1942 & 1944 wheat pennies and 5 other pennies and went back after the rain and found a 14K chain that weighed 15.19 grams between 3rd base and home and 54 cents change. Just had a couple hours and was finding pennies and a lot of can slaw and was tired and kind of disgusted because my time was running out and almost didn't dig the chain. HH. The dime has the full split back, but I could not get a very good photo with all the cloudy weather.

Nice weight on that chain, bet that made some of the pains go away. What coil were you using Fongu ?

Thanks Jim. Dancer, I was using the 5 X 8 coil and swinging slow due to so much trash and can slaw. No scratchy sound but the way the digital numbers went all over the place made me suspect it could be, but digging those pennies and fighting all the trash had me so tired and disgusted, I almost didn't dig it. It was just under the grass about an inch and had probable been there some time. My pro-pointer was going nuts even with detuning and that made me suspect a chain all spread out and when I found the broken part it just pulled out of the ground like spaghetti. Sure made my day and up to that time I felt like finding a few coins was all it was going to amount to. Detected another 30 minutes hoping to find another silver coin, but got tired and headed home. It was a cold, windy day and late in the afternoon and I was starting to attract some unwanted attention and called it a day.
I worked the baselines figuring people trying to run or slide into the bases or steal home might just lose something and sure was blessed to find this chain. Behind home plate was trash city and where they tore down the dugouts, canteen and bleachers is a trash nightmare. Hope to hit it again Saturday after doing all the Christmas cooking for out little family. Plan to work shortstop and the outfield Saturday, but will probably take the GTI-2500 with me and use the large coil to work a quick grid and then hit the likely spots with the At/Pro. Found two coins in one hole and two bottle caps in one hole. HH.
Merry Christmas to everyone on these forums.

Congrats!

Also, Mud-Puppy wanted to tell you congrats on the chain! Says you definitely deserve it!