Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

silver half dollar ?

freshwater1

in the coin program , a silver half will not read in the center of my coil, but it will read on the toe or the heel. why ?

This is air testing? What separation option are you using and what is the VDI when it sounds off and when it does NOT sound off?

after an air test to see if it was true , I took it outside and tested the ground , to make sure that it was clear of signals and layed the half on the ground. it will read 02-42 on the toe of the coil but not a sound or number in the center. if i was out hunting i would have past right over it. separation ? i don't know what you mean. thanks for the help,on this

Sorry my mistake, I was thinking CTX...
That is bizarre, the number seems right but to get nothing in the center I've not heard of. Hopefully it's not a coil issue and someone will have an answer.

I asked a similar questions with my Explorer II. It seems that I needed to be in advanced mode and not using much descrimination in order to get a hit on a HALF.
Crazy, I know but you really need to use your ears first then display and numbers.
I don't use an Etrac but you can try a re-test in all metal and listen real good - the sound might be different from what you would expect from big silver.

Use quick mask with NO discrimination at all. Your detector will pick it up just fine. Make note of the FE and co numbers. Then switch back to your normal discriminate mode and you will no doubt see that you have desriminated out the range where the half falls. Adjust your discrimination pattern to accept the range for half dollars.

Mcdetect said:
Use quick mask with NO discrimination at all. Your detector will pick it up just fine. Make note of the FE and co numbers. Then switch back to your normal discriminate mode and you will no doubt see that you have desriminated out the range where the half falls. Adjust your discrimination pattern to accept the range for half dollars.

McDetect is right on with the information provided... You'll need to edit the Factory Coin Pattern to something similar to this:

freshwater1 said:
thanks ,I will give it a try.

I would also suggest downloading the Andy Sabisch coin program if you don't have it already. Much better than the factory program.

I had a little issue with the silver half $ and factory pattern on my new E-Trac. I opened up the pattern and found the half comes 01 to 03 - 46 on my machine, 01 seemed to be the hot spot.

Ron in WV