Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver hammered Coin

A

Anonymous

I just got back from a detecting trip in England where I found an early silver hammered penny.
It provided a nice solid signal but registered a bit below on the meter.The coin is 97% silver,what would account for this?
A friend got a similar result on the coin with his Explorer.
Thanks in advance.

Did it have the sound and meter reading in an air test as it did in the ground?

Yes it did,and it's been Id'd as an early silveer by an expert.Strange eh?

Processing procedures and mixtures of that era along with the size of the coin it is understandable. Heck I talked to one fellow from Canada and his coins fall all over the meter so indeed foreign coins especially older ones surely will also..I talked to one fellow formely from England that makes the trip several times in a the year and he digs a lot as older coins fall out all over the meter. I think an English fellow hunting over here would be amazed where our coins fall also, so indeed no biggie , but if you venture over the waters again be prepared to dig a lot...

and I will give them a try when I get home the end of the month...I found some hammeres a few years ago with my original Sov but was not using the meter...Geo