Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver in the scoop!

Well about time!
I have been hunting with my new Excalibur II for a few months now. Trying to identify the sounds of the targets etc.
Beach conditions not looking to good lot of sand coming in.
Contacted a good friend OBN. I asked him if he could help me with a Pinpoint mod. gave me step by step directions works great. Time saver in
identifying targets and easier than playing with the knob all the time.
Still wasn't locating gold or silver like I did with my Whites PI, or the Fisher CZ.

I could not hear the faint signals with the Koss stock headphones.
So I took a pair off my old Tesoro Stingray II that was sent in for repairs and they replaced the stock with blue Bilsom Vikings. Tried to hard wire them for testing.
At full volume I could not hear them at all. I remember seeing a post that OBN had said something about removing a transformer that was inside a headphone set
someone was working on. So I pulled them apart and sure enough it had a transformer inside.
I then contacted OBN again and asked him about how to modify this set.
He not only gave step by step directions he sent videos to help me power boost them so I could hear someone ordering Chinese takeout In china, lol well maybe not that far,
But I would be able to hear the faint signals I was missing with the stock headphones.
Waterproofed them took them out and in a few hours in the same spot I had been hunting, heard a very faint distortion, almost walked past it. I dug one scoop, got a little louder, another scoop
even louder, until it was in the scoop. Sterling Silver mans ring. Then the next one Sterling silver women's dolphin ring, got in deeper water and located a 925 Silver Mexico ring. I think if minelab would have used better set of headphones it would make it a lot easier.

Thank You OBN for all your help!! One great thing about these forums is a chance to learn from all of you that have perfected the art over the years. That's one of the things America has lost, being a apprentice in the factories we once had, you were able to keep the quality of craftsmanship great. now we outsource and import we lost our edge and some of our pride. We need it back. Glad there are a few masters out there that are willing to take us apprentice under their wing and teach us the trade.

P.S I TRIED TO POST PHOTOS, but it said my file is too large. will work on that and post soon. Happy hunting to all and never give up. Today is the day a very patient man once said. Mr. Mel.

Nice Finds On photos when I use my Iphone I have to email them to myself and then resize caption will appear I use the medium (1.2MB) works then..
Mark