Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver medallion and a ring

miffdan

Back down to the city today to try out a new playground (built between 1942 and 1959). I keep hoping for a silver quarter or Rosey on these excursions but nothing has turned up yet. Oh well, that doesn't mean I didn't find silver. I came upon this silver medallion in the grass at the edge of an infield about 4 inches down. I had a pretty good idea it was silver because it was coming in loud at 89 on my AT Pro. It's about the size of a quarter so it's got a little weight to it. I'm not sure what to make of the ring. It was reading 84 on my detector so I thought I was digging a quarter. Seems to be a clear lacquer or acrylic over a design in the metal. On the inside is either a '6' or a '9'. Most likely a 9 indicating a ring size since it fits my ring finger perfectly. $4 in clad, a ring, a little bit of silver, and lots of trash. Another good day.

Two good finds and some money to boot. I need a day like that.

Cool, St Anthony, patron saint of lost things!

O blessed St. Anthony,
the grace of God has made you a powerful advocate
in all our needs and the patron
for the restoring of things lost or stolen.
I turn to you today with childlike love and deep confidence.
You have helped countless children of God
to find the things they have lost,
material things, and, more importantly,
the things of the spirit: faith, hope, and love.
I come to you with confidence;
help me in my present need.
I recommend what I have lost to your care,
in the hope that God will restore it to me,
if it is His holy Will.

Amen.

Cool. :clapping: I found .11 clad yesterday at an old house... :thumbdown:

I can relate. I got permission to hunt an old farmhouse and barn area one time and came up with 6 cents and a key chain from the Cherokee Indian Reservation. A wheatie at least would have been nice.