Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver MicroMax Impressed me on the Relics today!

ToneTime

This is a fun machine and did great on finding these relics some fairly deep. I really got to liking the switch between all metal and disc.
[attachment 311680 1429486396304233573944.jpg][attachment 311681 1429486451279-644364546.jpg][attachment 311682 1429486514765-1204713569.jpg]

That's a impressive group of relics.:cheers: That lock looks really old. It's worth some money.

tabman

You're in the right location when the old age indicators pop out of the ground, like the harmonica reed, big old square nail and brass makeup compacts . I really like the 6 lever lock, it's got to be at least 100 years old, the pocket watch case is neat also, nice stuff, bet there's more at that place.

Nice bunch of relics. I've found that same white glass thing whatever it is at an old homesite near me.

Fletch88 the old white glass is a mason jar lid. I think they call them milk glass but some I found says genuine porcelain. The lids are zinc with the porcelain inside. I really like those old locks too. I found a few others over the years but this one uses a push key from the research I did. I am hoping to hit this spot again but rain is coming in tonight and tomorrow. When I go back I will take another detector maybe the outlaw or vaquero. I like taking the silver micromax and hunting an area first then go in with another machine. The silver is just a pleasure to use. It seems to do very well around here.

Im amazed at how many harmonica reeds are out there. I find several a year . Did everybody play the things ? I play it them .

hatpin said:
Im amazed at how many harmonica reeds are out there. I find several a year . Did everybody play the things ? I play it them .
Yes it is amazing how all the reeds get scattered. I never found a whole harmonica. I can not understand, they must have fell apart easily or something.

@ToneTime, thanks for the info in the porcelain lid. I thought it was some kind of ornate decrotive piece.

You are hot on the trail bro with things like that coming out the ground . the silver is a nice machine I like mine as well .

amberjack said:
what coil did you have on?

some history there well done !

AJ
I was using the stock 8" round concentric coil. I was able to max out the sensitivity beyond the orange marking and the machine ran stable the whole time at this site. I switched between all metal disc and a tick below foil to check targets. I got lots of brocken signals when I switched to normal disc. There was a lot of iron around. I dug some to be sure. The silver handles iron scrap really well, always a scratchy signal even on a round iron washer I found.

ToneTime said:
amberjack said:
what coil did you have on?

some history there well done !

AJ
I was using the stock 8" round concentric coil. I was able to max out the sensitivity beyond the orange marking and the machine ran stable the whole time at this site. I switched between all metal disc and a tick below foil to check targets. I got lots of brocken signals when I switched to normal disc. There was a lot of iron around. I dug some to be sure. The silver handles iron scrap really well, always a scratchy signal even on a round iron washer I found.

very good thanks for the report :biggrin: wonder if there is any difference between the brown and white round coil other than colour?

good finds hey !

AJ