Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver necklace and pendant and got it on film

REVIER

I called it!
At the beginning of this vid I mention one goal for this hunt is to find gold, always my first goal, the other one was to find a chain in gold or silver.
mudpuppy found one, so I had to find one too.
My next hunt I am going to have to set a goal of finding a gold coin cache.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKlxPuaww0U&list=UUpjgKU3qrKYB57QV5wB3yog[/video]

way2go REVIER!:clapping: Enjoyed the video.

HH

[attachment 287788 smiling-happy-face-smiley-emoticon.jpg] Wow that is a very good day of detecting

Oh Man! :drool: Excellent video! I will head out and find a gold coin, ring, or chain today if you think that would help?:rofl:

Congrats on your first F70 chain! :clapping: I am sure there will be many more coming for you...you've got them in the past, so I have confidence there will be more! Good info on how you look at a site and strategically think about what it is saying to you..:please:.
Mud

mudpuppy said:
Oh Man! :drool: Excellent video! I will head out and find a gold coin, ring, or chain today if you think that would help?:rofl:

Congrats on your first F70 chain! :clapping: I am sure there will be many more coming for you...you've got them in the past, so I have confidence there will be more! Good info on how you look at a site and strategically think about what it is saying to you..:please:.
Mud

You find clad, I will find clad.
You find a chain...I have to find a chain.
Mine weighs more than yours, too.
Pay no attention to that finger on the scale.
I am still not sure at this point if you are my mentor or my arch enemy, but please go out and find something else.
Gold would be nice. :rofl:

By the way...
I went back later in the day and used the F70 and the big DD coil on 3/4's of that same sideline at that same soccer field.
I have been over and over this area with my F2 and sniper coil, hit it from several different directions and even spent time gridding it as much as humanly possible.
I have also hit this same area with my Compadre and I believe at least once with my Vaq and a large DD coil also.
I love the small coil, and I pulled a ton of clad out of here in the past, but yesterday afternoon another jaw dropping thing happened.
I found all the clad you see in this pic, except for 2 of the cents, every one was a high tone and notice the amount of nickels, too.
It blows my mind that I had hit this place so many times and missed that chain and every one of these targets.
I know you can't get the coverage of that wide scanning field with the small coil but come on...I am still pretty good.
Usually I hit sites till they are drained with the big coil and then go back with the sniper and find a ton more.
This time, the opposite happened.

I think I will rename my F70 and call it Hoover...if there is a target in the vicinity this thing will find it and vacuum it up.
I was using the lower settings, DE, thresh on -1, 4 on the disc, sense on 50 to 60, and that scanning field even on that bigger DD coil was like a scalpel.
It seemed like a sniper and a big wide coil all in the same package.

I have a million sites that I have been to so many times I am bored with them.
I think this new rig will make them come alive again.
Plus, I still have the standard elliptical and sniper coils to play with.
Man, I love this thing!

MikeO said:
Nice necklace.
Here is some interesting reading about the Hallmark that your necklace is stamped with.
http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15070

Hey, thanks Mike!

Very cool.
Never had a thought to research that mark, but it is rare that I ever find silver with a copyright mark or a hallmark or even marked sterling.
Most of it is just has a 925 mark.

Thanks a bunch!

Well, I KNOW I'm a better hunter simply trying to keep up with you and the rest of this Findmall bunch!:beers:

Cant say enough how this site helps us all, how we can share a little in the success of each other, and inspire members to get out and hunt!:please:
Mud

mudpuppy said:
Well, I KNOW I'm a better hunter simply trying to keep up with you and the rest of this Findmall bunch!:beers:

Cant say enough how this site helps us all, how we can share a little in the success of each other, and inspire members to get out and hunt!:please:
Mud

Got that right!

I push, (or inspire), you, you push me, we all get out there and used these shared settings and ideas and find more than we would have without sharing all this info.

I never would have thought of turning the sense way down, nor would I have ever seen how laser-like the coil becomes without reading your advice.
Thanks, mud, and everyone else!

Thank you for showing the whole hunt the swing pattern and all the tones are much more interesting and informative than just showing the hole with the find exposed those vids help no one and get real tedious to watch
Uh Ed in co

Ed Steinhoff said:
Thank you for showing the whole hunt the swing pattern and all the tones are much more interesting and informative than just showing the hole with the find exposed those vids help no one and get real tedious to watch
Uh Ed in co

The swing pattern?
I call that my drunken walk. :cheers:

No gridding at a ll, except in a few places where I knew people concentrated.
At most sites I just wander around and hope to get lucky, and then sometimes I do.
Then I return many times and pick little spots and do the heavy overlapping thing.
Doing too much of that just bores me to death so as long as I am out in the fresh air I keep moving and stop from time to time on return trips and hunt small areas much more scientifically.

NICE""