Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

silver pocket spill

DougF

My first silver pocket spill and first time I've found two silver quarters in one hunt. I went this morning to an old park which is more of a neighborhood park, no parking lot there but there was on-street parking. Not much trash, either. The two quarters showed a depth of 9-10 inches and definitely had the silver sound, but the signal was strong for a coin at that depth, I guess because of the two coins together. CO reading hitting 28 and 29, FE all over the place. Only one wheat and some clad. It's an old park, I was surprised I didn't find more wheats or an Indian. Two hour hunt time. I need to go here in the winter, the grass was mowed, but was high and thick.

Explorer.se said:
Nice finds Doug, Have you found an Indian at that park before?

This was my first hunt at this park. It's definitely old enough to have Indians.

Gee whiz - I just remembered that I found two silver quarters on one hunt twice last year. This was my first silver spill though. I guess old age is catching up with me. :lol:

DougF said:
Gee whiz - I just remembered that I found two silver quarters on one hunt twice last year. This was my first silver spill though. I guess old age is catching up with me. :lol:

Get used to it bud. :lol:
Wait till you get to the point where you've visited the same park a hundred times and it's always the first time you've ever been there. Hasn't happened to me yet.

Nice Doug. Gotta just love pocket spills.
Last good one I had was about ten years ago. It was actually a dropped change purse.
Only thing still left where a few threads and the clasp. A nice lil hole full of barber quarters and dimes.