Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver Quarter & Wheatie

NavMode

Went to a park I hadn't tried yet. I had the 4.5" sniper on the ACE 250 from an earlier hunt in a trashy park.
There was a mixture of old trees with new trees but looking at the sidewalks and paving, part of this park had been here for a while. I decided to start around the big oaks, as it was a little warm today.

I walked the beginning of the shade in a circle, ending at the base of the tree. Nothing around the first two, but as I got closer to the base of the third I saw a round shape that looked like the size of a quarter lying right on top of the ground.
I swung the "Yeller Feller" over it and he rang true to the quarter. I picked it up and the back side was really dirty. Flipping it over old Mr Washington was all shiny and it felt different. I rubbed the date and out popped 1956, found the (D) on the back when I got home. I said to myself "You've got to be kidding, my first silver quarter and I didn't even have to dig."
I did the "Happy Dance" anyway "A Coin Found is a Coin Hunted", then spent the next ten minutes around the tree but no others coins.

There was a good size open area between the next trees, so I started swinging as I headed to them. I got a few hits, but these turned out to be pieces metal house siding. At one of these, I removed a 2 inch piece of siding and re-checked the hole. It still said coin, so I dug and checked the hole. No signal, checked the dirt and found a 1930(D) wheatie. Man those wheat shafts sure are pretty.

I talked to a guy that came by and he told me he and his Grandma used to live on the block that the park is now. He said there were at least 20 houses in the area. That explains the siding, nails and screws. They were there until the mid 70's.

This sounds promising, so I'll definitely be back.

I found a gold ring like that as have a few other on this forum. I saw it before I swung over it. It still counts. Good find. Hope your second and third come more quickly!

Chris

Alright!:bouncy:Congrats on the old coins!:cheers:WTG! Happy Hunting!:)