Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver ring with opals, weird brass key thing, clad, and a button that says "loser"

I laughed for a good long while when I pulled the button out of the ground. Sometimes I feel like a weird loser when I'm detecting, but most times I don't care. The ring is marked India .925 SI and I think the opals are real.
Would love some help identifying the brass key. Any ideas? The clad is a couple bucks more towards my next detector.

Attachments

• 072220.jpg
    072220.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 144
  • ring-detail-072220.jpg
    ring-detail-072220.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 148
  • key-detail-072220.jpg
    key-detail-072220.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 143
  • brass-key-detail-072220.jpg
    brass-key-detail-072220.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 111
Nice finds I’ve found one opal ring
Mark

I laughed for a good long while when I pulled the button out of the ground. Sometimes I feel like a weird loser when I'm detecting, but most times I don't care. The ring is marked India .925 SI and I think the opals are real.
Would love some help identifying the brass key. Any ideas? The clad is a couple bucks more towards my next detector.
Nice finds CONGRATS!

You say you found a Democratic Convention button? Lol
Keys most likely to a china hutch or clock or similar.....

Looks like a clock or music box key. To small for much else.

Carver

You say you found a Democratic Convention button? Lol
Keys most likely to a china hutch or clock or similar.....
Found out the key is not old and is a place card holder / bottle opener. Was hoping it was something more cool than that. But the ring is real!

Bottle opener, well NOW I see it!

That must be a vintage 1865 Democratic Convention button. The most sought-after loser button of all time. It's not worth anything, but it preserves the romance of the Civil War. Nice ring! I think the key is cool anyway. I've never seen one like that. 3" bottle opener? The handle is only 2". Seems tiny. Winding key?