Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver Rosie breaks the drought

Larbear2

I hadn’t found a silver coin since February. But we have had quite a bit of rain lately which helps with the sensitivity of our detectors. I went for a hunt at an elementary school which has been very good in the past but the targets are very sparse now. It seemed like a good time to try for the deepies and iffy signals, the ground was very moist.

I was finding zincolns and trash for the first half hour or so. Got a fairly strong signal, lots of different numbers. I did see 78 in there a couple of times with a lot of other numbers, depth was 4 inches. Dug the square piece of iron ( #1 in picture), stuck the pinpointer back in the hole. It said there was a target in the sidewall, dug out the ‘49s Rosie dime. Gave FDR a little kiss on the cheek with my digger. Checked the hole again with the pin pointer, it said something still there. Dug the funny looking piece of iron with the hole in it, ( #3 in picture), checked hole again. Another target a little deeper, turned out to be the nail ( #4 in picture). Finally done with that hole, so nice to see you FDR!

After that it was more zincolns and trash with a few nickels and dimes here and there. Ended up with more nickels than dimes and quarters combined. That doesn’t happen too often. Lots more trash than what is shown in the picture. After an hour or so, I drove to another elementary school and found the cross (not silver) and the space shuttle and a little more clad.

Happy Memorial Day!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 260
Silver of any kind is always good. Any piece is still always a thrill. Pretty good recovery among all that iron. HH jim tn

The 49-S is the key date in the silver Roosevelt Dime set. Nice Find.

Silver,silver always raises my blood pressure lol. Good finds!! I'm heading out in a few ahead of the rains coming.hhrickinmi

Dont ya just live it whdn coins pop out non tarnished........

Silver,silver always raises my blood pressure lol. Good finds!! I'm heading out in a few ahead of the rains coming.hhrickinmi

Thanks rick, yes, silver excites for some reason. Good luck with that hunt, let us know how you did.