Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver Sabre going bonkos. Miniscule crack in my coil.

Squirmingcoil77

I found this super tiny crack in my coil. Would this possibly be making my detector go nuts in wet grass? It's very small. I'm pretty sure it's the original coil, too. Would Tesoro replace a coil on an old detector like this? Thanks.

I have a Golden Sabre II that I bought new in '91-'92(?) that I sent in for a "checkup" 2 years ago. They replaced battery holders, gave me a new plastic end for lower rod and said my coil needed rebuilding and rebuilt it....no charge.

Call em up and see what they say about charges/sending it in....?????

Going bonkers means what?

If you have a broken wire or almost broken off wire in the control box or connector, could be the problem that makes intermittent contact

oneguy said:
I have a Golden Sabre II that I bought new in '91-'92(?) that I sent in for a "checkup" 2 years ago. They replaced battery holders, gave me a new plastic end for lower rod and said my coil needed rebuilding and rebuilt it....no charge.

Call em up and see what they say about charges/sending it in....?????

Thanks. Ill give them a call and see what they say.

Sven said:
Going bonkers means what?

If you have a broken wire or almost broken off wire in the control box or connector, could be the problem that makes intermittent contact

The detector wont settle down in wet ground conditions. Sounds like morse code with every coil sweep. Even with max sensitivity and full discrimination. In dry condittions its fine and works without issue. Nicr and quiet in my house too. I just wouldnt think a super tiny crack in the coil would make my detector react like that.

You could take some silicon or epoxy and smear it over the blimish in the cool and that should take care of it. Yes a crack will do that.

Before you seal the coil up, place it in a gallon size zip-loc bag with a couple cups of dry rice, then zip it for a few days. The rice will absorb any moisture that may be in the coil. After a couple + days, seal the coil crack with CA (super) glue or silicone. If you're the original owner, Tesoro may take care of it for you. If not, it'll most probably cost you $50 to send it in.

Had the same problem from a tiny crack in the coil. Showed up whenever I used it in wet grass. Tesoro replaced it at cost.
BB