Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver Sabre makes a great save and has a new home

UtahRich

One of the signs of my metal detecting addiction is that I have the habit of talking about my detecting outings with my co-workers. I've been fortunate to find a few bucket list items along the way and when the subject of coin collecting or lost jewelry come up, I like to join the conversation.

Last year, one of my co-workers lost his gold wedding band and after sorting through a garbage can of yuck, concluded it must have been lost somewhere out in the yard. He gave up hope of finding it and bought a tungsten ring as a replacement. Late last week, after listening to me talk about an outing, he FINALLY revealed he'd lost his gold wedding band and asked if he could borrow a metal detector and have a look for it.

I'm in the process of moving and have most of my detectors carefully packed away for the move except for an old Tesoro Silver Sabre. (yes the original) I thought it would be just the ticket for him; easy to use for a beginner and it WILL find the gold band if the coil goes over it. I showed him how to set it up and printed off a copy of the owner's manual.

He texted me Saturday and said he found his ring. Took him all of 15 minutes. He sent me a photo. (see below) When I arrived at work Monday, he showed me the ring and . . . . . doesn't want to give the detector back. :detecting: LOL We arranged a little trade and hopefully I have a new detecting partner for some future outings.

Rich (Utah)

Nice. Helped a friend and hooked another detectorist :)

Great story! Had a Silver Sabre Plus as my first detector. I sold it to buy another detector. Still kicking myself all these years later.