Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

silver sabre or eldorado?

juit

I have a silver sabre and its a fun detector, I got an an offer on the eldorado so I bought it, should I sell my silver sabre? ive been reading some reviews and it seem that they are the same detector except eldorado has freq shift and ground balance

thanks in advance

In my opinion, if I had to choose between the two, i would keep the Eldorado.
The reason I would choose this was one of the two, is that with
ground balance, you can use different coils and balance the machine to each coil.
Also you can adjust it to different ground conditions if this is an issue in your area.
With that said, why not keep both and use the Silver Sabre as a back or loaner?

fwcrawford said:
In my opinion, if I had to choose between the two, i would keep the Eldorado.
The reason I would choose this was one of the two, is that with
ground balance, you can use different coils and balance the machine to each coil.
Also you can adjust it to different ground conditions if this is an issue in your area.
With that said, why not keep both and use the Silver Sabre as a back or loaner?

I only need one for seeded hunts I use a wide scan coil but sometimes it reacts to the ground

The Eldorado Umax is the better detector, frequency shift maybe needed at a hunt if there are other detectors interfering with the Eldo.
But, the Silver Sabre Umax (not the Silver umax) has cult status, in demand and worth almost as much as the Eldo $$ wise. Sell the SS while its still a hot commodity.

Thats good to know maybe someone will give it a closset to become a queen :)

Perhaps try them both, head to head, decide which is better for you. Sell me the other!

g:clapping:

Squirmingcoil77 said:
Two of my favorites!

Mines a silver sabre umax

Anyone knows whats the discrimination range on each machine?

I've maybe been one of the most loyal, most dedicated Tesoro fans and loyalists since July of 1983 when they introduced the Inca. The excellent Tesoro-designed silent-search and quick-response performance with excellent iron Discrimination opened the door to working my favorite, but iron plagued, ghost towns, homesteads and early encampment sites. And the old coin and neat artifact recoveries soared! I not only took on the Inca model instantly, but I changed my preferred brand as a Dealer and went Tesoro only. During the following years I'd acquire and use just about every model offered and went to the original Eldorado in the progression.

When they brought out the original Bandido in March of '90, then the Silver Sabre II in September of '91, those, at that time, became my favorite Top-Two models representing a Manual GB and Preset GB offering. I also enjoyed the Bandido II version as that series progressed. In October of '97 they offered their last two Bandido II and Silver Sabre models in the [size=small]micro[/size]MAX versions [size=small](that's a [size=medium]µ[/size] electronic symbol for 'micro' and not a [size=medium]u[/size] letter)[/size] which became, and remain, my all-time two favorite Tesoro models. I've owned most of the models offered since then, but those are still my favorite performers and I've now equipped my Detector Outfit with two of each of them.:thumbup::thumbup:

juit said:
I have a silver sabre and its a fun detector, I got an an offer on the eldorado so I bought it, should I sell my silver sabre?
NO, I wouldn't suggest doing that. I wasn't sure which of the four Silver Sabre models you were referring to, but you corrected that to the better of them. Since you now have the Eldorado in the [size=small]micro[/size]-housing I suggest you take a little time to use it afield in a variety of site conditions to learn its strengths and weaknesses, then decide which one you might want to sell at that time ... if you still have an urge.

I liked that Eldorado version for some specific applications, but the bonus feature for some is having the all-metal accept ability in the motion-based Discriminate mode. I've acquired several Eldorado's through the years, but never held onto them for more than just a few months. For the bulk of my Tesoro needs the Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX get the job done quite handily. Besides, the Eldorado was 'touchy' to try and duplicate the rejection setting of the other two models. It had a 'raspier' Disc. setting that I didn't care for. Also, most of my other brand models provided an all-metal accept Disc. capability and also better depth-of-detection, visual Target ID and often Audio Tone ID as well. No need to have the Eldorado. A very good detector, but for me it just wasn't needed.

juit said:
ive been reading some reviews and it seem that they are the same detector except eldorado has freq shift and ground balance.
NO, not quite the same circuitry. The Audio Tone is a bit different pitch. And while it does provide a Frequency Shift, I seldom needed it, even when I used to do more Competition Hunts. I have the Bandido II µMAX which gives me manual GB, and as I mentioned, the Disc. level settings don't seem to achieve a good, clean rejection setting to match my two favorite models.

juit said:
And 'Thank You' as that clarified which of the four Silver Sabre series models you have.

juit said:
YES, the Eldorado has what Tesoro named an ED-180 Discrimination. That simply means it has an Expanded or Enhanced Discriminate adjustment range of 180° which covers the full 180° range of acceptance to include all the Ferrous and Non-Ferrous target range, or in other words it Accepts All Metals. The Silver Sabre µMAX uses the ED-120 Discriminate range of acceptance. Most newer models made since it's introduction with the original Bandido in March of '90 relied on that Expanded ED-120 Disc. circuitry. The ED-120 Discrimination Accepts the upper 120° which means it basically rejection iron nails and most other ferrous targets and accepts thin, small foil, tiny gold rings and thin gold chains at the lower-end of the Non-Ferrous range when at the minimum Disc. setting. That's where I run all of my favorite Tesoro's all the time. Right at the minimum Disc. level.

juit said:
Whites MXT all Pro , M5 & IDX hot version
2 5900 Di Pro Sl
Nokta Anfibio multi
Tesoro eldorado widescan coil

I noticed a couple of things with your Signature:

• You have a very versatile White's MXT All-Pro.

• You have two other newer White's models that are also very decent performers with the MX-5 and IDX units.

• You have [size=large]2[/size] of the older White's 5900 Di Pro SL units, and if you can keep TWO of those bigger, clunkier detectors around, why not just keep those TWO smaller, lighter and handy Tesoro's around?

• You added the Eldorado you just acquired so I presume the rest of the list is also current.

• And a final suggestion is to get one or two Concentric coils for the Eldorado. I've compared many different coils on many occasions and while some makes and models can do reasonably well with a Double-D coil [size=small](Wide-Scan)[/size], I have observed better general purpose performance with Concentric coils on most Tesoro offerings.

Just some answers and thoughts.

Monte

Monte said:
I've maybe been one of the most loyal, most dedicated Tesoro fans and loyalists since July of 1983 when they introduced the Inca. The excellent Tesoro-designed silent-search and quick-response performance with excellent iron Discrimination opened the door to working my favorite, but iron plagued, ghost towns, homesteads and early encampment sites. And the old coin and neat artifact recoveries soared! I not only took on the Inca model instantly, but I changed my preferred brand as a Dealer and went Tesoro only. During the following years I'd acquire and use just about every model offered and went to the original Eldorado in the progression.

When they brought out the original Bandido in March of '90, then the Silver Sabre II in September of '91, those, at that time, became my favorite Top-Two models representing a Manual GB and Preset GB offering. I also enjoyed the Bandido II version as that series progressed. In October of '97 they offered their last two Bandido II and Silver Sabre models in the [size=small]micro[/size]MAX versions [size=small](that's a [size=medium]µ[/size] electronic symbol for 'micro' and not a [size=medium]u[/size] letter)[/size] which became, and remain, my all-time two favorite Tesoro models. I've owned most of the models offered since then, but those are still my favorite performers and I've now equipped my Detector Outfit with two of each of them.:thumbup::thumbup:

juit said:
I have a silver sabre and its a fun detector, I got an an offer on the eldorado so I bought it, should I sell my silver sabre?
NO, I wouldn't suggest doing that. I wasn't sure which of the four Silver Sabre models you were referring to, but you corrected that to the better of them. Since you now have the Eldorado in the [size=small]micro[/size]-housing I suggest you take a little time to use it afield in a variety of site conditions to learn its strengths and weaknesses, then decide which one you might want to sell at that time ... if you still have an urge.

I liked that Eldorado version for some specific applications, but the bonus feature for some is having the all-metal accept ability in the motion-based Discriminate mode. I've acquired several Eldorado's through the years, but never held onto them for more than just a few months. For the bulk of my Tesoro needs the Bandido II µMAX and Silver Sabre µMAX get the job done quite handily. Besides, the Eldorado was 'touchy' to try and duplicate the rejection setting of the other two models. It had a 'raspier' Disc. setting that I didn't care for. Also, most of my other brand models provided an all-metal accept Disc. capability and also better depth-of-detection, visual Target ID and often Audio Tone ID as well. No need to have the Eldorado. A very good detector, but for me it just wasn't needed.

juit said:
ive been reading some reviews and it seem that they are the same detector except eldorado has freq shift and ground balance.
NO, not quite the same circuitry. The Audio Tone is a bit different pitch. And while it does provide a Frequency Shift, I seldom needed it, even when I used to do more Competition Hunts. I have the Bandido II µMAX which gives me manual GB, and as I mentioned, the Disc. level settings don't seem to achieve a good, clean rejection setting to match my two favorite models.

juit said:
And 'Thank You' as that clarified which of the four Silver Sabre series models you have.

juit said:
YES, the Eldorado has what Tesoro named an ED-180 Discrimination. That simply means it has an Expanded or Enhanced Discriminate adjustment range of 180° which covers the full 180° range of acceptance to include all the Ferrous and Non-Ferrous target range, or in other words it Accepts All Metals. The Silver Sabre µMAX uses the ED-120 Discriminate range of acceptance. Most newer models made since it's introduction with the original Bandido in March of '90 relied on that Expanded ED-120 Disc. circuitry. The ED-120 Discrimination Accepts the upper 120° which means it basically rejection iron nails and most other ferrous targets and accepts thin, small foil, tiny gold rings and thin gold chains at the lower-end of the Non-Ferrous range when at the minimum Disc. setting. That's where I run all of my favorite Tesoro's all the time. Right at the minimum Disc. level.

juit said:
Whites MXT all Pro , M5 & IDX hot version
2 5900 Di Pro Sl
Nokta Anfibio multi
Tesoro eldorado widescan coil

I noticed a couple of things with your Signature:

• You have a very versatile White's MXT All-Pro.

• You have two other newer White's models that are also very decent performers with the MX-5 and IDX units.

• You have [size=large]2[/size] of the older White's 5900 Di Pro SL units, and if you can keep TWO of those bigger, clunkier detectors around, why not just keep those TWO smaller, lighter and handy Tesoro's around?

• You added the Eldorado you just acquired so I presume the rest of the list is also current.

• And a final suggestion is to get one or two Concentric coils for the Eldorado. I've compared many different coils on many occasions and while some makes and models can do reasonably well with a Double-D coil [size=small](Wide-Scan)[/size], I have observed better general purpose performance with Concentric coils on most Tesoro offerings.

Just some answers and thoughts.

Monte

thank you so much for your response Monte

I got tesoros because some times I need to scout areas and I cant always bring a bigger detector with me all the times I go to work, a tesoro is something I can even leave at my office or toss it in a backpack

I was planing to use the silver Sabre on seeded hunts with a 3x18 lite wide scan "copper pennys and up" & for play tots I have a white 7 inch concentric coil and a 7 inch coil from a mojave that I just bought

I plan to let go one of the whites 5900