Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver Sabre Plus :help:

diggindirt

Hi all, I picked up an old Silver Sabre Plus detector and would like to know how it rates with the newer machines?

I'd also appreciate any tip or tricks for using this detector, best types of hunting, locations, settings, etc...
One other thing, it seems to be working fine and air tests pretty good. However, could anyone recommend a reputable place to send it for a tune up and or parts if ever needed?

Thanks and happy hunting to all:detecting:

The Tesoro company web site has a link for a manual. You can view it and print a copy.

If it ever needs a check up, the factory is the place to send it. As long as it hasn't been obviously abused, Tesoro takes care of it.

I haven't used one, but would suggest running the sensitivity as high as you can, all the way if it doesn't chatter too much; set the discriminate low and start seeing what turns up. You can thumb the discriminator up to see where you start to loose the target. Thumb it back down and go for the next target.

Have fun!
tvr

tvr said:
The Tesoro company web site has a link for a manual. You can view it and print a copy.

If it ever needs a check up, the factory is the place to send it. As long as it hasn't been obviously abused, Tesoro takes care of it.

I haven't used one, but would suggest running the sensitivity as high as you can, all the way if it doesn't chatter too much; set the discriminate low and start seeing what turns up. You can thumb the discriminator up to see where you start to loose the target. Thumb it back down and go for the next target.

Have fun!
tvr

Thanks for the tips!!!:thumbup:

Hope you read the tread on "Question for Monte or Tesoso user" by slingshot. Monte's feedback on the older Tesoro's as compared to the newer ones is a good read.

I really like my SS+ !
It works just as well as my SSuMax, and I'd go out on a limb and say the tone quality is a little bit more descriptive.

They are just dandy machines... do what they are supposed to!

You're gonna find a buncha great stuff with it!

Best
rmptr

Thanks!!!:detecting:

I just read that this is a cult machine in Europe because it works so well on the roman coins in their bad ground!

I can't wait to get out and start learning and using it!!!!

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE GREAT REPLIES!!!:thumbup:

Hi Diggindirt;
I had one. Bought it in Utah, very hot on coins. Strong on gold. Moved to Arizona. It didn't do well
in the mining area. Ground to hot. No way to adjust G.B. May be different coils would have helped.
Anyway very good on light to medium soil. Have fun.
Willard in Spokane

to all it may concern,
The replacement for the S/S in UK is the Laser Rapier Plus. Build under lisense for Tesoro. Has a very good reputation for a get up and go machine.
My other detector is a se pro. Different but enjoy both.
:clapping:
Blueray.