Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver sabre umax

Goondock

I bought one the other day. Lookin forward to using it. I tried it for about five minutes and I think the discriminatory knob might not be working right. I had it at minimum and ran coil over a nail and no sound. I don't want want to dig nails but shouldn't it pick up a nail at the minimum discrimination level?

If I remember correctly it has ED120 disc like the bandido and older cutlass models.
Blocks small iron at minimum.
Ed180 like the compadre, vaquero, cibola, eldorado will beep on iron at minimum
It's normal.
It's a machine made more for coin and jewelry hunting.
The machines made more for relic hunting like vaq and tejon have 180 to allow to look for it on relics.

Thanks for the response and the info. I was hoping it was something like that. I'm goin to use it this next weekend at some hunts with Monte. I'm sure he will be able to show me the ropes with it. Thanks again for the info.

Oh yeah. He'll be able to show you.
:)

Like Monte, one of my favorite machines from Tesoro.

I'm sure it is functioning as it should since, as mentioned, the Silver Sabre microMAX uses the ED-120 Discrimination circuitry design, and that means a minimum Disc. setting will reject most nails and almost most iron. The exceptions for the Tesoro's or any detector are the problem targets of man-made ferrous material such as washers, rusty tin, bottle caps, etc. There are ways to help audibly classify those, however.

The secret/tip for success using any of the preset GB model detectors is to select one preferred search coil, such as the 6" Concentric I keep mounted on mine, and then tweak the internal GB trimmer so that you have a best-functional GB setting for the Discriminate mode. It's best to do that in some of the more mineralized environments you might hunt, and that will include the gold mining era ghost town sites we will be searching this coming Thursday thru Sunday on our 6th Welcome-to-Hunt Outing here in Eastern Oregon. I'll be glad to check your unit out so we can ensure it is functioning properly. See you later this week!

Monte