Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver schoolyard #1 gives up its fifth silver coin

Ray in WA

I didn't get to post this last night since I got home around dusk, but I went back for about an hour to the first schoolyard where I had already found one silver Washington quarter, one Merc, a Rosie and a war nickel in a small corner of the field. I reasoned that there just might be other silver coins hiding in the rest of the field, which is about 200 yards long total, but I didn't quite know for sure if the field had been as large back in the old days as it is today.

So off I went toward the other end and. After finding a 1948 Canadian penny, I thought to myself this either means there are other old coins on this side as well, or some kid just lost a coin from his collection. Kept on searching and found a 1979 Canadian penny, which had me worried for a spell that I was wasting my time until I nailed the 1943S war nickel.

The nickel was around 8" deep, and the Safari didn't have a problem hearing it at all. I am continually affirming to myself that using a lower sensitivity setting (10-11) doesn't seem to hurt the Safari's ability to hear deep targets. In fact, a large number of the targets that I've been digging lately fall within the 7 to 10 inch range.

HH,

Ray