Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver Trifecta Close To Home

mapper65

We have been eyeballing a piece of property for quite sometime now and we found out that the owner is going to put it on the market after 23 years. We've known everyone that's lived in the house since it was new sometime in the early to mid 50's and although we had never asked any of the previous owners if we could detect there we figured that this guy wouldn't have a problem. He told us to "go ahead". After it cooled down a little we got to work.

Within 5 to 10 minutes I had strong but jumpy silver signal. As soon as I dug my hole I saw the rim of a silver dime. It turned out to be a 1945 merc. Never expecting anything else to be in the hole I ran my Pro Pointer around and it sounded off again. I moved some dirt around and saw the edge of another silver. It turned out to be a 1957 rosie. My Mom and I found a little over 30 coins between us with her finding a couple of wheats but when we were just about done and I had a pretty solid 40. I was surprised to pull up what looks to be a very old silver ring marked sterling inside with a hallmark. Just about that time it was getting dark on us and starting to rain. We may go back again but I think we did pretty good on our first go round.

Wow, "pretty good" heck! That's pretty awesome Mapp. A couple silver coins and a sliver ring ain't bad at all.

Real nice silvers:thumbup:....Sweet ring, looks hefty?
You guys sure do make this MDing and digging in the dirt look easy. It's not, I know, you put a lot into your hunts, be it random or research, I admire your abilities to produce the interesting finds. GL and keep at it!!

bob.oz said:
Real nice silvers. Sweet ring, looks hefty?

Thanks Bob! The ring is actually pretty thin but looking back at the pictures it does look like it could be thick. We're 99% sure whom the ring belonged to. She was a long time neighbor that moved away at least 30 years ago. She died 20 years ago this year, her husband died 24 years ago and their only child (son) died back in 2008. Based on the location of where it was found and the people that have owned the properties since, it's highly unlikely to have belonged to anyone else.

It always amazes us what we've walked past, over or around for some many years once we find something. You just never know what's out there.