Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

silver u-max

jmaryt

went hunting today at a church side area that's been picked and picked for years.had my new f2 fisher,along with my daughter's seldom used silver u-max (over the years!)..started hunting with the f2,and found little,or nothing over an hour,so decided to take out the silver and hunt with that!..SAME area I WAS hunting with the f2,and started getting coin hits everywhere!..cant figure it,but for some reason the silver was hitting hard on everything and the f2 was just bouncing id's all over the place,leaving plenty of doubt as to what to dig!..the silver was "nailing" everything with clear clean "hits"..that left no doubts al all!..digging clad at 3 to 4" ..never really fully realized hoew "good" this little "powerhouse" is!..now i know!..i can tell ya that if there was deep coin there,then the silver would NOT miss 'em!.just a "great" little detector!..very strong witha great discriminator!..i was thumb rolling all day from nickle to pull tab,and just a ball to use !..so simple,and a ton of fun to swing,and use!

(h.h!)
j.t.
"

No surprise to me j.t. The Silver uMax is a fantastic detector. I have been detecting for almost 20 years with alot of different brands & models and always go back to the Silver uMax. I have found more jewelry with it than any machine that I have ever had. It is a joy to use and hits hard on the goodies, check out what I found today with my Silver uMax http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,719428,719428#msg-719428 Happy Hunting! Steve.

hi steve!
yes like you i have hunted for going on thirty years,and bought the silver for my daughter who used it twice with me,then lost interest.have hunted with a lot of top shelf expensive detectors that were very good,however what they didn't have is the "outrageous" ed 180 discrimination circuit of the silver.gifford's brainchild both the ed 120,and the ed 180..very very quick in the trash,and will stay with anything digital..as i said this detector got little use over the years as i had top end stuff to play with!...got rid of all of it,and kept the "lowly" silver ,mainly because my daughter did NOT want me to get rid of it!..bought the f2 fisher thinking it will "separate" targets better in the trash than anything out there..perhaps it may prove to do just that over time,however as of right now that little,"unused" silver,just got promoted!
because it has been used very little,i want to see what it can do,and i am confident it will find a ton of goodies!..no wonder jack keeps selling it all these years!..it works so well,and a blast to use!..

(h.h!)
j.t.

I've never had a Fisher that worked. So I don't know about the 70.

But I love my Silver. I have found lots of good stuff with it.

It comes through a lot, and supprises me still.

HH,

nasty detector for sure!..a natural coin sniper!

(h.h!)
j.t.

Thanks a lot guys, you just got me rethinking about getting either a compadre or golden. Why couldn't I have been born rich-then I could have had all three! To make matters worse, I went out with it yesterday and was switching from all-metal(though not truly an all-metal) to disc(set at it's lowest) . Let me just say that when you get two smooth and soft signals after switching it's deep and it's usually good:nopity:

Howdy Y'all...............

The Tesoro machines are the detecting comunity's best kept secret,so lets start talking a little quieter lest the WORD get out.If we don't keep mum about the Silver u Max, then everybody and his dog will be buying one and cleaning out all the good hunting places with them.HH...........Hombre

good point!..well taken!

(h.h!)
j.t.

love those "hits!"..brings back the "old" days of the high frequency tr's!..i would listen for soft smooth hits and usually they was down about 4 to 5" tops!..in those days that WAS deep,until the v.l.f's came out!.used to love those soft smooth,round coin hits!

(h.h!)
j.t.

Howdy JT

I thought you was a White's XL PRO guy! You are probably like me and use whatever works best. I like both Tesoros and White's,being that this is a Tesoro forum,I'll talk about the T brand,as i have several.When I am running my old Bandido,and I get one of those small soft round sounding "hits", I plan on it being deeeep! Get out the big knife.HH......Hombre

you are right hombre!..usually when ya get those type of soft smooth hits,it's silver!.still excites the hell outta me!..yes!..i was a fan for a long time of the xl-pro,however what is needed today is "nano-second" separation in the trash,and the pro is a great "cruiser" type detector in wide open areas where it excells!..the pro "suffers" from a "long ring time" meaning because it is a four (filter) or 4-pole design,it has a tendency to "mask" targets in trash.even if the 5.3 coil is used.
that said,the new technology is what is required these days to hunt successfully! in the junk which is everywhere you hunt!

(h.h!)
j.t.

I see you fellas talking about the Silver Umax....as if it were still being manufactured? I was told by a dealer it had been discontinued at least two or more years ago. Am I deceived?

I'd like to get my hands on one......

TruthSerum said:
I see you fellas talking about the Silver Umax....as if it were still being manufactured? I was told by a dealer it had been discontinued at least two or more years ago. Am I deceived?

I'd like to get my hands on one......

I do not think so? Tesoro still shows it on their site? Maybe the dealer wanted you to spend more money?

http://www.tesoro.com/product/detectors/silvermicromax/

Good luck with your choice, Beale.

I don't think Tesoro would discontinue their bread and butter. I have one coming the first of next week.