Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver uMAX likes old G O L D

Been over a local lot with many detectors and which one finds the gold? The Silver uMAX.

The school ring is stamped 10k and dated 1927. The ring with the stones in it says the shanks is 14k plated, I am guessing the rest of the ring is junk too if the shank is.

The military button backmark tells me it is civil war era.

The heart isnt stamped but it seems to be heavy enough to possibly be gold.

Dont let anyone suggest the Silver uMAX isnt a serious unit.

Nice finds. What were settings?

Hey TabMan.....

disc set to a hair above foil and just below nickel, max sens and in the disc mode. Stock 8 inch coil.
these items were all right at 8 inches. All at the same site.

It sure doesnt get any simpler than this, does it?

Tony

Nice finds Tony. Silver's are nice units. Simple but effective. And a joy to swing.
Mike

Tony

The 1927 class ring is just too cool, beats my oldest class ring by 12 yrs........Looks like a great spot you've found !

Nice finds. May I suggest you try it at min disc. sometime? I have found some small gold rings that it would pick up at this setting that I would have missed at your setting.

Hi Randy,

This is definitely my oldest class ring. I found this info on it. So far, this is a very good location which has produced some nice coins, jewelry and buttons and its less than 5 mins from home !

College Ring

On recommendation of the Class of

Thanks for the suggestion you and 'foiled again tab hunter' made. That is the plan as the signals are about gone at this setting. I chip away at this site a lil at a time. This site is so close to home that I dont have to spend hours tecting to make the trip to the site worth while.

I alternate my units too in hopes of another unit catching what I may have missed the time before. The area is slowly becoming quiet, which okay, I have found some nice things there.

Using many units over the years Tesoro's certainly have the best affinity for gold especially the small stuff other units won't touch.

Nice Finds, Tony
Beautiful Ring....Tesoro's rock:super:

Really nice find! I collect old Rollins College memorabilia. If you would ever consider selling that find please let me know I'd love to have it!!

I am having a hard time falling in love with my Silver uMax. Your post helps