Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver wings

WV62

Another chunk of silver for the E-Trac.

Other than the silver wings we got one penny and one clad dime.

Ron in WV

A funny little story about our hunt today, it was about 92 degrees, no wind and blazing hot, Ron got sick about four hours in the hunt and starting puking his guts out. He decided to take a break and sit down by this big tree but being addicted to trying to find some silver I told him to take it easy and I'd go on down the trail and scout out where we could hunt when he got to feeling better. In about 45 minutes we got back to hunting, some people would call that crazy.

Blind Squirrel said:
Great find WV62! Those are pilot's wings. Is there a back mark? Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

On the back,

Balfour

Sterling

WV62--

Here is a website that is devoted to Wings. I've dug a few wings in my day: WW2 Navy Aviator, WW2 Gunner, WW2 Air Crew and WW2 Bombardier. Wings are my favorite finds! Here is the site. The Balfour wings are very near the bottom of the page.

http://www.ww2wings.com/wings/usaaf/usaafpilot.shtml

Best of luck and ...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Those silver wings remind me of a song back in the day, it went something like ( put silver wings on my son's chest make him one of America's best). Somebody help me, I'm not good at singing.

Don't know if any Green Berets were pilots but I know one that I thought could chew nails. My brother.

These are pilot wings not Green Beret

Off topic but last two verses of the song are

Back at home a young wife waits
Her Green Beret has met his fate
He has died for those oppressed
Leaving her this last request

Put silver wings on my son's chest
Make him one of America's best
He'll be a man they'll test one day
Have him win the Green Beret

Very neat find. I found a pair of paratroopers wings down at Fort Benning but they were not silver.