Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver with the Delta and 5" DD coil

topazguy

Hey all,

I was able to get out to the one of trashier parks around here after work today for a little mid-week swinging (rare for me). In addition to being full of junk, there are large numbers of power lines running around and through it, making the EMI very high. This makes my 11" DD going crazy, so I packed along my 5" coil to see how it would do.

The 5" is a solid little coil and can separate targets extremely well. It also does much better in the conditions described above and I was able to run fairly high sensitivity (10-12 for the most part). I pretty much kept everything but iron in (still waiting for that gold) although I did tighten things up as I got toward the end of my hunt. There are only so many pull tabs you can stand :)

Anyway, pulled some pretty good clad and did happen to come across a silver pendant. It rang up solid 82 and was about 3" deep. I actually didn't think it was silver at first, as I couldn

Very nice. That 5" coil is next on my list.

Yeah, it certainly is a good combo and definitely a big bang for the buck!

While there are always exceptions to the rule, I am generally thinking the 5" DD will be my coil of choice for parks and hunting in the city. However, getting out in the weeds and away from the EMI will be the perfect time to break out the 11" DD. This should offer a little more depth and suit me just fine.

I actuall got my 5" coil off of eBay for around 100.00. I talked with the seller at length before buying and found out it was a new coil that came with his Omega. He received it as a present and didn't see himself using it much. His loss, my gain :)

HH all!