Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simple depth personalized program

prester

Low trashy

Discrimination -
accept (-80.....+94)
Icons off (customized for Spain)

Audio -
Tone - fixed threshold- 170
VCO - 170
Vdi tones- (-95.....-11) 0 (0.0 Hz)
(-10....+94) 205 (399.6Hz)
Mixed mode- On,
VCO- On

Frequency -
One- (7.5 or 22.5)

Ground tracking -
Lock trac (manual) offset +1
or autotrac, speed 15, offset +1

Filter & speed -
5.0 Hz. band pass
Recovery delay 100

Configure -
live controls -
search audio
tracking
ground filtering
frequency
sensitivity

You settings look good (I'm a newbie though, but in Europe too) but also try 3 frequencies as it seems to go almost as deep but perhaps have other advantages as well.
I LOVED mixed mode on my Nautilus and plan to learn it on the V3i. Great idea for deep targets as well as using it in trash and iron.

Regarding the filter settings and recovery delay, did you bury a coin (or target) in the soil to make sure it's best for your area? It's a great and quick suggestion that the more experienced guys around here have mentioned. Also, I use the ground probe feature (zoom under the live menu setting Ground Tracking) to get an idea of how mineralized the ground is - helps to direct to you a filter setting.

I'm in Germany and there is lots of larger sized pieces of iron in the ground. Generally I accept all VID's and let my ears do the discrimination. The iron sounds on the V3i are relatively soft compared to other detectors, audio fatigue is less of a problem. (When you do hit the iron, just have another shallow program nearby to switch to - works great and quick with the live menu.)

If you find any good settings for European iron, please share them - I'm running recovery at 20 and it seems to work good (but I drop the Rx and Disc when I do so - creates a smaller coil footprint it seems.)

Good Luck!

Preser,Are you Spanish?

If so, could you pass me your email or facebook to talk about the config of the detector?

Mi facebook es Isaac tolosana bayo.