Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simplex 2020 Updates coming soon.

Sven

Per Dilek on Facebook
"Nokta Makro SIMPLEX+ SOFTWARE UPDATE...COMING SOON...
More Depth! An Extra Mode... and A LOT more... Stay Tuned!"

Video

Per Dilek on Facebook

Video
This is Totally Awesome news. I know of another Company that supposedly
was going to have up-dates on a totally Overpriced machine. Won't be Spending another 10¢ with them as they pretty much left their Loyal Customers to the WAYSIDE. JMHO
silverseeker 2

Per Dilek on Facebook

Video
I seriously doubt the more depth bit. This is claimed with every detector or coil ever made for the last 40 + years. We have been getting "more depth" for 40 years!

Hopefully the ID will steady up on deep targets. My hunting partner and I have compared many deep signals with the simplex and T2SE with stock coil. The T2 is deeper in boost mode by maybe 2-3”. I have witnessed the simplex pull up 3 ringers from a foot down in our sand soil. It won’t ID them but he learned real quick what they whisper like at depth. I could not believe it’s depth when he first got it. I may buy one if they add a deep mode, would also be cool if it was 0-40 iron scale and/or tone break for a deep mode also!

My findings is that the Simplex is a deep machine comparable to many higher priced detectors. That is when your listening to the target audio report, like a beep and dig detector.
But, will not ID at those depths, it has more ID depth ability than many entry level machines. Good enough for most hunting situations for most detectorists.
If you want a deeper ID range, you'll need to go to a higher priced model detector.

In a nutshell, the Simplex is an target ID machine up to a certain depth depending upon soil conditions. Beyond those ID depths, it will go much deeper but, you now have to listen to the audio to determine size of target and depth. In my mind I see it as being a 2 stage detector.

I only tested one but did it in a pounded spot I test every machine and was impressed. I got a few measured civil war bullets at measured 14“ so for the money there’s nothing that can touch it, built like a tank, waterproof, nice lighted screen, etc. And, yes, depth has been improving over 40 years, my 1973 Garrett master hunter Cost $349.00 then and got 4” on a civil war bullet.
Depth really did hit a peak with the DMC 2-b nautilus in the 90’s I guess. Target ID at depth with Explorers, the the CTX 3030 peaked that out IMHO.
I give Makro a big thumbs up for bang for the buck. Only machines deeper are 3-10 times the price

I have been hunt a CW site alongside a buddy who has a simplex. He was using a nautilus prior to buying the simplex. I have compared my T2SE on deep bullets with stock coil in boost mode vs the simplex. Truth be told, boost is the only deeper mode I have. I can get a better signal on a 12-14” bullet than he can but he can still get them. I’m sure it’s field mode is deeper than 2+ tones on the T2. It’s a great deal of a detector for sure. It’s also got pretty good emi resistance despite its 12 kHz frequency.

I have been hunt a CW site alongside a buddy who has a simplex. He was using a nautilus prior to buying the simplex. I have compared my T2SE on deep bullets with stock coil in boost mode vs the simplex. Truth be told, boost is the only deeper mode I have. I can get a better signal on a 12-14” bullet than he can but he can still get them. I’m sure it’s field mode is deeper than 2+ tones on the T2. It’s a great deal of a detector for sure. It’s also got pretty good emi resistance despite its 12 kHz frequency.
With my Simplex + I do most of my hunting in the 'Beach' mode and opt for the 'Field' mode when Iron Nails get too bothersome, and if a site is too trashy I opt for the 'Park' mode. I have all modes at '0' Disc. to accept everything, and I compared my Simplex + to a T2 Classic and T2+ in 2+, 3, and bP 'modes' and the Simplex + matched or bettered the T2 in any site applications I visited. It's a very impressive detector and only needs smaller-size and mid-size search coils to enhance its versatility.

Monte

With my Simplex + I do most of my hunting in the 'Beach' mode and opt for the 'Field' mode when Iron Nails get too bothersome, and if a site is too trashy I opt for the 'Park' mode. I have all modes at '0' Disc. to accept everything, and I compared my Simplex + to a T2 Classic and T2+ in 2+, 3, and bP 'modes' and the Simplex + matched or bettered the T2 in any site applications I visited. It's a very impressive detector and only needs smaller-size and mid-size search coils to enhance its versatility.

Monte
The one that I have used will show some strange behavior sometimes, my hunting partner has shown me first hand. He buried a dime at 6” and it would only squawk on it once every few sweeps, then a 8” quarter it would get and a 10” bullet it would get with no ID. We tried all kinds of settings(there isnt that many)and it struggled hard on that dime. The dime really concerned him but was later resolved when we cross checked a beautiful deep whisper target in the field. No ID on the simplex and only would give repeatable signal in field mode. On the t2 in 4 tone it was a brilliant tone at 75 sens. I could tell it was a good small deep target. Turned out I watched him dig a 7-8” mercury dime at a slant. Not on edge but not flat. It was a good experience for us and we now have a pretty good grip on its performance level here in our area. It’s worth every penny in my opinion. NM is a cool company and seems to really stand behind their stuff.

Hopefully the ID will steady up on deep targets. My hunting partner and I have compared many deep signals with the simplex and T2SE with stock coil. The T2 is deeper in boost mode by maybe 2-3”. I have witnessed the simplex pull up 3 ringers from a foot down in our sand soil. It won’t ID them but he learned real quick what they whisper like at depth. I could not believe it’s depth when he first got it. I may buy one if they add a deep mode, would also be cool if it was 0-40 iron scale and/or tone break for a deep mode also!
I agree the simplex really needs a better iron identifier program!! But over all im really happy with mine!