Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simplex continues to impress...

IowaRelic

Got off work a little early yesterday and met my buddy. We hit a lot that had a late 1800s house on it until 2012. I had the simplex with stock coil and he used the anfibio with kr24.

this turns out to be one of my favorite lots I’ve found here. There’s a ton of square nails, not much clad and not much aluminum. I was instantly popping brass and lead bits. Got a nice deep 1928 wheatie at 7-8”, a silver plated pocket watch, 4 hole button with fancy, other odds and ends. Find of the day for me though, at 5-6” was a pewter teacup from a Victorian era doll tea set. Killer! All finds were in park 2 mode.
You can’t stop me with this thing in a park or yard. It’s so productive with no adjustment. Park 2 had good depth for me using the stock coil. It separates surprisingly well for its size. This machine is easy to trust. But my headphones came unpaired and I couldn’t remember how to pair back up. So half my hunt was on the speaker at 1 volume. That was tough.
I plan on hunting that spot again. I never left one small area. I barely scratched it. Most importantly, I had more fun in that short hunt using the simplex than I do using other machines. It really stuck with me that I actually had FUN. Usually I’m out challenging myself to find specific targets or specific depths. Nope. I just dug all non ferrous tones and had a blast. Not much trashy modern stuff either. That’s what’s up with the simplex. Fun.

One good thing about digging square nails, the medium to bigger size make “artistic” pieces to hang things like paintings or artsy crafts up on wood walls (drill a decent starter hole in first and fit the nail so to speak). You can also make some pretty nice name boards for homes/rooms/driveways etc. I figure if its coming out the ground and coming home with me I might as well make yard art or something out of it!!

That’s what it’s all about, getting out and having fun! Just a quick question...for coin shooting in a yard, do you prefer park 1 or park 2? I think park 1 is just a hair bit deeper? Correct me if I’m wrong though.
For coin shooting I really like park 1 mode since it separates zinc pennies from other coins by the tone

That’s what it’s all about, getting out and having fun! Just a quick question...for coin shooting in a yard, do you prefer park 1 or park 2? I think park 1 is just a hair bit deeper? Correct me if I’m wrong though.
Park 1 is definitely the deeper of the two, even though most of what I find isn't all that deep. But Park 2 is faster, but more of a 'washed-out' audio to me by comparison. If I am in a more trashy sites, especially modern trash, I use Park 1. If most of the debris is Iron Nails or other ferrous-based junk, I use Field or Beach mode, just depending on how I happen to feel that day.

Monte