Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simplex gold

Furious T

Yesterday was at a saltwater beach and got a signal with a reading of 19. Signal was strong, visual readout steady on 19. Up came a 21k god ring with a thin band...weighed in at 1.69 gm, but the amount of gold is less than that because it has an emerald stone with 2 small diamonds....sorry, no pic. It pays to dig those lower numbers. Simplex also found (7 weeks ago) a small 375 gold earring...visual readout of 17.

Yesterday was at a saltwater beach and got a signal with a reading of 19. Signal was strong, visual readout steady on 19. Up came a 21k god ring with a thin band...weighed in at 1.69 gm, but the amount of gold is less than that because it has an emerald stone with 2 small diamonds....sorry, no pic. It pays to dig those lower numbers. Simplex also found (7 weeks ago) a small 375 gold earring...visual readout of 17.

I have tried digging Low 20 'S numbers but all i get is foil. The pinpoint signal seems to give a much wider signal though on foil. I am 100% inland detecting...No gold or silver for me with Simplex Yet...

Congrats on your ring. I'll add it to my other machines soon., looks to be a sturdy machine and for the price, it's a game changer. HHHank

Great find,,,,, good reviews on this machine mine is on the way my only concern is static from the pinpointer,,,,,CEDAR

Working at the beach allows for easy digging to identify targets, so, for me, digging the low numbers is not a problem and sometimes well worth it. If I was detecting on hard ground I may not check them all. The signal for the ring was very firm and tight, but that can happen with a small wad of foil too. If the going is not too tough it's well worth checking the lower than 5c numbers and the pull tab numbers. Most who have used detectors without visual readout will pay attention to the audio signal as well as watching the meter. In the end, your best identifiers are your eyes. Thanks all, for the replies and good luck whichever detector you use.

Just a note on the Simplex and the pinpointer....it registered with me pretty quickly that the Simplex is ultra sensitive to my pinpointer, so I have started turning the detector to one side so that it is pointing away from me and the target (instead of lying it alongside the hole). It does not stop the chatter, but it makes it bearable.