Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simplex is on 🔥

Old coin hunter

Well, finally finished up the lot where i've been finding the silver coins and gold rings with these neat old finds. Don't have any idea what the little piece is, it's 1 1/4 inches long by 1/2 inch wide, thought maybe some sort of thread gauge, but who knows. Also here is the full list of things i've found there. 341 coins- 48 Qtrs, 47 dimes, 31 Nickels, 86 Copper pennies, 72 Zincs and 50 Wheats. Silvers- 6 Rosies, 1 Merc, 1 Walking half, 1 Washington qtr, 1 Canadian dime and 1 Buff. 2 Gold rings, 1 Nevada State Horse and Mule judging pendant, 1 Lovelock Nv Dog tax tag, 1 Palmolive soap Token, 1 Dolphin Thingy? and 1 Bling Bracelet. Hope i find another lot that produces like this, but probably not. HH, Jim.

Attachments​

• Thread gage.jpg
    Thread gage.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Thread gage2.jpg
    Thread gage2.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 7
  • forged clasp.jpg
    forged clasp.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Forged punch.jpg

Wow. Just simply incredible!!!
What size lot is it? You may have other posts regarding you're detecting it; I haven't searched your threads, but that is one heck of lot of great finds. Was it a single home lot, or ???

Yea, a 30 x 120 foot vacant lot. No way it had been hunted before. Yoy can see almost all my good finds from that lot on todays Finds HH Jim

Last edited:
Thanks. Do you know what sort of building was there? Single family home? Any idea how long it has been vacant?

That is a Linotype Matrix (an individual letter/symbol found on a keyboard and in a particular font). Linotyope machines are what printers used to use to set the type in whatever piece it was that they were printing, books, newspapers, etc. http://www.infomercantile.com/-/How_A_Linotype_Machine_Works,_The_Book_of_Wonders. It was a pretty cool and very intricate invention that revolutionized the printing industry and was in use for a hundred years or so.

Last edited: