Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simplex Mod

Sven

Many know I like to tinker with metal detectors and customize them to my personal tastes......So that is what I did to my Simplex. Since it is not the version with the wireless headphones and need to use the supplied wired headphone adapter, a mod was made. The supplied wired headphone adapter is too short, the wire kind of whimpy. Also, did not place the headphone wires in a position that wasn't cumbersome. A much longer adapter was made up, so the headphones can be plugged in by the arm cuff. Now the headphone wire will run up the side of the body. Out of the way. Less chance of snag ups or pulling your headphones off the top off your head when you lay the detector down. Not pictured, when the headphones are plugged in, the wires is secured with a cable tie thru the arm cuff strap slots. I can also go wireless using an aftermarket wireless headphone. I can plug in the transmitter into the adapter jack and place the transmitter in the convenient holder under the armcuff. Very nice set-up. As you can now water hunt, a bit deeper.

Attachments

• 1ADAPTER800.JPG
    1ADAPTER800.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 285
  • 1AADAPTER800.JPG
    1AADAPTER800.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 279
  • 2ADAPTER800.JPG
    2ADAPTER800.JPG
    237.7 KB · Views: 279
  • 3ADAPTER800.JPG
    3ADAPTER800.JPG
    391.3 KB · Views: 264
Many know I like to tinker with metal detectors and customize them to my personal tastes......So that is what I did to my Simplex. Since it is not the version with the wireless headphones and need to use the supplied wired headphone adapter, a mod was made. The supplied wired headphone adapter is too short, the wire kind of whimpy. Also, did not place the headphone wires in a position that wasn't cumbersome. A much longer adapter was made up, so the headphones can be plugged in by the arm cuff. Now the headphone wire will run up the side of the body. Out of the way. Less chance of snag ups or pulling your headphones off the top off your head when you lay the detector down. Not pictured, when the headphones are plugged in, the wires is secured with a cable tie thru the arm cuff strap slots. I can also go wireless using an aftermarket wireless headphone. I can plug in the transmitter into the adapter jack and place the transmitter in the convenient holder under the armcuff. Very nice set-up. As you can now water hunt, a bit deeper.
Very nice and well thought out. Have you considered making and selling the cable. Also a cable adaptor to attach a Racer 2: 5" x 9" coil or a Impact 7" coil to the Simplex control box. My Simplex is crying/screaming for a smaller coil.

Thought about it. But, the cost of the connector, wires and other parts, shipping from supplier, costs a lot more in Canada, then add labor time. The selling price would be too high to make it worthwhile. And no one would pay it.
Then add the crazy high price of shipping from Canada to anywhere outside Canada, not to mention it even costs more to ship within Canada. Dampens any sales.
Now if I was still living in the USA, it would be worth it to me,making them for sale.

Only Simplex coils will work on the Simplex. Simplex accessory coils out sometime this spring.
You can interchange coils only between these models--Impact, Kruzer, Anfibio.

Thanks for responding. I now understand what you are talking about the cable adaptor economics. Out of curiosity I would like to read a technical explanation from Notka/Makro why the Simplex electronics and other Notka/Makro coils will not work on the Simplex.