Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

simplex must be sent to dealer to replace battery if ever goes bad

Hi, i understand if the battery goes bad which they will we must send it to a dealer/repair center to replace it.Why was it not built so we can replace the battery and how much would this little battery cost us to replace/ not to mention shipping cost/not happy with this.

This is the least of my worries. If, and when the battery goes bad, I would rather that an authorized repair center fix the machine, especially since it is a waterproof unit and if the repairs are not done properly, the detector is toast. I imagine the battery will last 5 years or beyond, so having to send it in to have repaired is not a big deal. I think some of us tend to worry about things like this a bit too much. Just get out and enjoy the detector.

Yes, i was wondering the same thing,with shipping of the detector both ways and the battery cost may cost upwards of 60$ or more for a 5$ battery change out.I will look into this cajun and let you know. I do know a cz20 is good to around 200 feet and we can change that battery out.

Biggest issue is that the battery may not be expensive to replace. It's is the owner mechanically handy to do such a replacement themselves, without damaging the circuit boards and other internal parts? Being a waterproof unit, more of a chance of damaging seals and or no longer having a unit guaranteed waterproof after a self repair. Countless detectors have been ruined by backyard mechanics and rendered useless that no manufacturer would honor as a warranty repair, nor should they.

To make sure, the average Joe will not damage the Simplex. Nokta pretty much made sure, you can't get into the internals. Factory battery replacement will guaranteed the Simplex will come back as a sealed waterproof unit.

By the way, if the Simplex was not a depth submersible waterproof unit, more than likely a screw on battery compartment door like a cellphone, would have been added for easy battery replacement.