Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simplex Notch ?

itaska71

Can version 2.77 & 2.78 use "any " number of notches, or does it require the user to use " 5 " notches at a time ? can I set it to use 1 notch ?
Thanks

Thank you. Forcing you to use 5 notches defeats the purpose of having the notch. I never use notch, but have noticed that square tabs ID fairly consistently at one number. I was thinking of pounding a field where I pulled two gold rings amid a ton of square tabs. Is it possible that I will lose a small gold ring ? Yes, but odds are most will ring up, and the tabs will not, or will give a broken signal. Just does not make sense to me why they built their notch like this.
Thanks Again, and Happy New Year to everyone

Normally I dont use it either. Just thought it might work well in the situation I mentioned. Unfortunately, not if I am forced to notch 5 sections. Most ID meters are usually all over the map, especially on deeper targets so I dont use the ID meter either. For me, the most useful item added to a detector is the depth meter and the ground balance. Give me a strong or weak signal and an idea of its depth, and I'm digging. Dont need several different tones either. Just one deep rich BONG. Being water proof as well as the god reviews in Salt water is whats intriguing about the Simplex.
Thanks Nate

Normally I dont use it either. Just thought it might work well in the situation I mentioned. Unfortunately, not if I am forced to notch 5 sections. Most ID meters are usually all over the map, especially on deeper targets so I dont use the ID meter either. For me, the most useful item added to a detector is the depth meter and the ground balance. Give me a strong or weak signal and an idea of its depth, and I'm digging. Dont need several different tones either. Just one deep rich BONG. Being water proof as well as the god reviews in Salt water is whats intriguing about the Simplex.
Thanks Nate
You need a Tesoro Vaquero