Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simplex + PP issues

Rebel1

Today was only the second time i have had the Simplex out since buying it New. I had the 5'x9.5" SP24 coil on it. Every time i would try to use the pin point i would get a Constant tone until i would raise it off the ground. No Matter where i put the coil down it pin pointed. I know the area was not litter infested as i tried swinging the coil over it with out using the PP and only got the one signal i was trying to find. What am i doing Wrong or is this an issue others have had? Thanks for any help.

Rebel2, just to be clear, you are finding a target in one of the Disc. mode, then going into Pin-Point. When you do, you are moving the search coil just off to the side of the target but near the g4round at the search height, correct? Then pressing the Pinpoint button and moving the coil back over the suspected target spot, correct? If so, the Simplex + is functioning properly.

Do NOT raise the coil in the air and press the PinPoint button and then lower to coil towards th ground. That will niot work, especially if you have a slightly positive Ground balance.

That brings up point #3 which is, are you using the Automated Ground Balance function to GB the detector prior to your search? If so, good. If not, then it will turn-On with the default Ground Phase of '90' which, on the Nokta / Makro devices, is almost always going to be a rather positive GB and will give a loud audio increase if you go into Pinpoint with the search coil raised and then lower it toward the ground.

Just remember, search in the silent-search Disc. mode you like, and when you locate a target. keep the coil at the same height
(roughly 1"-2" off the dirt) and go into the PinPoint function, and move the coil bask over the spot to better isolate and Pinpoint the target. Never raise a coil to go into PP and then lower it.

Monte

Monte, thank you for your input. Ya know, i will have to try it again and make sure i was not doing what you said and raising the coil first. With the small coil it is pretty easy to PP without even using the PP button, so i may just continue with that. But i will try as you said. And i was going in to AM mode and doing the ground balance, which in this ground was at 84. Thanks again