Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simplex problem

Richd

Received my new Simplex around 2 weeks ago. Very pleased with its performance....until today. I noticed later in the day yesterday I started getting some kind of static. I figured it was due to the batteries needing a charge. Came home, put it on the charger. My wife noticed the screen blinking on and off. I figured it was fully charged and I unplugged it. Went to use it today, and it wont turn on. I discovered that if I unplug my search head it will turn on, but only if the charger is plugged in. I have sent an email to support. So much for my plans to hunt an old site on Wednesday. If any of you have had this problem, please let me know of a fix, thank you.

I think I would try downloading firmware update 2.68 and reinstall if that’s possible. That would be the only thing I think you could try. That’s a bummer that happened to you with your new detector.

Doubletap said:
I think I would try downloading firmware update 2.68 and reinstall if that’s possible. That would be the only thing I think you could try. That’s a bummer that happened to you with your new detector.

You can't do any software updates or resets unless the detector is actually operational.

Richd said:
Received my new Simplex around 2 weeks ago. Very pleased with its performance....until today. I noticed later in the day yesterday I started getting some kind of static. I figured it was due to the batteries needing a charge. Came home, put it on the charger. My wife noticed the screen blinking on and off. I figured it was fully charged and I unplugged it. Went to use it today, and it wont turn on. I discovered that if I unplug my search head it will turn on, but only if the charger is plugged in. I have sent an email to support. So much for my plans to hunt an old site on Wednesday. If any of you have had this problem, please let me know of a fix, thank you.

I have the same issue a few days ago, contacted Dilek with a video, she is looking into it. Please send her a picture of your units serial number.

Have to say a big thank you to Dilek for fixing me up.
Still a chance to possibly get out and beat the winter weather approaching within the next few days.

You're causing me a lot of stress!

Sven said:
Still a chance to possibly get out and beat the winter weather approaching within the next few days.

So what exactly was/is the problem? If this is an issue that has caused at least two people problems, it would be good to know why. Thanks

Sven said:

What’s the secret fix?

Following up. Spoke to Van from the service center, who took time on Sunday for me. Sending it to him via FedEx. Says he will get it back asap. Thanks to Van from Georgia.

Richd said:
Following up. Spoke to Van from the service center, who took time on Sunday for me. Sending it to him via FedEx. Says he will get it back asap. Thanks to Van from Georgia.

That’s great there taking care of you so fast. Good to hear.

pine3874 said:
Sven said:

So what exactly was/is the problem? If this is an issue that has caused at least two people problems, it would be good to know why. Thanks

Not sure what was causing the problem. Probably just an isolated issue, considering thousands of Simplex units have been sold and have been used over the past few months,
with no others reporting the issue. I visit lots of Nokta/Makro forums, groups etc., it this issue has not cropped up.
Fantastic to see all the wonderful treasure Simplex owners are finding! Especially overseas in the UK and Europe, someplace I would like to take a hunting trip to......
Thinking to devote much of next year hunting with the Simplex, especially when the smaller coils make their debut.

I sent my unit, and FedEx tracking put it in their hands on Thursday. Have emailed and texted them. No reponse.not to complain, but when I buy something that expensive that dies in 2 weeks, I expect prompter service or a replacement. I'm not a happy camper, and I am already having detector withdrawals. Lol

I sent my unit, and FedEx tracking put it in their hands on Thursday. Have emailed and texted them. No reponse.not to complain, but when I buy something that expensive that dies in 2 weeks, I expect prompter service or a replacement. I'm not a happy camper, and I am already having detector withdrawals. Lol

Holiday week, try calling. So they maybe catching up on orders etc. and yours is in que. The amount of emails and texts that a company gets can be staggering, just to get thru them all.
They will have to inspect the item, determine if it can be repaired or a replacement sent out. Maybe they opened the parcel Friday. Give them a chance...............
Always best thing to do is Call on the phone for an instant update.

Remember Tesoro with the super warranty and customer service?
It did not happen with a text or email, which was never answered. But, call them directly and your treated like the boss.

No problem. Everyone these days seem to be in a hurry.........now, if you found a spot giving up loads of silver and gold and you just covered 1/10 of the place when the Simplex crashed.......and if anyone else found the spot in the meantime...........something like this can make a persons head spin.........been in that situation many, many, many years ago, when I was younger. Now I always own two detectors.
Happy Hunting when the Simplex is returned.

Richd said:

Hello Rich.
This is Dilek - Director of Sales & Marketing.
Just came across your post.
Have you heard from the service center yet?
Please let me know so we can follow up on it.

They say the repair will be completed this week. It would be awesome if I have it for Saturday. Supposed to be in the 60's here.