Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simplex problem

2 weeks, my detector is being sent back finally. Hope there are no more problems. This is the kind of luck I have.

Personally I think it is bad luck your SimplEX+ has played up, however
not everyone gets contacted directly by the Marketing Director of a company
willing to address your concerns -

That right there shows the standard others should strive to emulate -

I am sure you will finally get to enjoy what makes N-M so special -

Quality - Performance - Value

My new Simplex had the exact same problem right out of the box when it arrived at my house last week. Didn't even have a chance to use it at all. I could not get it to turn on and when plugged into the charger would only flash on and off every couple seconds in a sort of endless reboot cycle, the same thing the original poster described his unit doing. No amount of fiddling, overnight charging, unplugging and replugging the coil and charger connections, holding down buttons, made any difference. It was DOA.

Nokta was immediately responsive and the distributor is sending me a new one tomorrow with a prepaid shipping label to send the defective one back.

This is my first Nokta machine, and while off to a rocky start with the defective unit, the company's responsiveness and level of service has been excellent. Let's hope these issues are only isolated events.

The Nokta / Makro service is one of their strongest points in this industry. I really enjoy my Simplex + and think you will as well. Better still when they get smaller-size coils out for it.

Monte

The Nokta / Makro service is one of their strongest points in this industry. I really enjoy my Simplex + and think you will as well. Better still when they get smaller-size coils out for it.

Monte

Every mass produced item has a few stinkers that are turned out, it's just the law of numbers. I just thought it was of interest that I had the exact same problem the original poster had. Maybe Nokta can identify a weakness in the design somewhere and correct it in a future revision if this problem keeps cropping up.

I'm not worried about Nokta making it right. They really couldn't have been any more responsive or helpful than they were - REALLY impressive customer service.

What drew me to the Simplex was the videos that demonstrate the very communicative audio. I also recently purchased a Minelab Vanquish and planned to do a head to head comparison. While the Vanquish did arrive in working condition, I don't much care for the audio. I would describe it as "mushy" and dumbed down. If you like hearing what the ground is telling you, every snap crackle pop, then the Vanquish is not the machine for you. It does, however, perform very well with good depth and ID and is very quiet and stable. Can't wait to get my replacement Simplex and compare the performance in actual field use.

The coil I really hope they come out with next for the Simplex is the 7" concentric, and as soon as they do, I will be placing my order. That coil would be the perfect compliment to the standard 11" DD.

I read your post with interest.
Certainly a smaller, concentric coil will be a winner.
I can then put the "Swingy Thingy", Bungy from the Minelab days back on the shelf.;)
Happy Hunting,
Jerry.

Just to follow up, my replacement Simplex arrived today and it works GREAT. The old unit is on its way back to the distributor. The new unit fired right up right out of the box. Excellent service from Nokta and their distributor!(y)

I've had it out in my back yard test garden and I know already I'm going to like this machine. Great communicative audio, stability, ID, and build quality. It just clicks with my brain and the way I think detectors ought to work. :)

Dilek was replacing any 1st generation defective search coils with the new version.
Defective coils can also make your power head appear to malfunction, reduce depth and performance.
Air test with orig. coil was a bit of a lack luster affair. About 8" on my gold wedding band. A new search coil,
produced about 13-14" on that same ring. No falsing or EMI problems indoors compared to the orig. coil.
That makes me a happy camper. The weather here now is finally breaking away from the Frozen Earth season.
Finally can get out and play with it.
Can't wait to get a smaller coil for it as soon as they are made.