Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simplex..... ?

GroundScanner

Hi guys , those of you that have a Simplex, would you say that it is a repackaged Racer 2 ? Maybe a added feature or 2 to it. Thanks, GS

If you read Monte's posts I believe he said there is no comparison, two different machines.

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?100,2509743,2509864#msg-2509864

I just finished posting this in a thread a few minutes ago. it might be helpful.

My primary-use Relic hunting uits that handle dense iron better than anything else I've used are the Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Relic with their smallest coils, and in low-to-modest ferrous debris I can use them with a mid-size 5X9½ DD open-frame coil. I also have my Racer 2 that I keep a 7" Concentric coil mounted to. The Racer 2 and the CoRe and Relic have some similar features, but the Racer 2 is NOT just a unit made from either of them. The Racer 2 keeps a 7" Concentric coil mounted and can be used for my dense iron sites with a 5" DD I have on a spare lower rod, but it still doesn't have the same performance as a CoRe or Relic with a matching coil or similar settings. The circuitry designs are different. The Racer 2 w/7" Con. is in my urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting Team and I also use it for some 'scouting' of unfamiliar places, too.

The circuitry design of the Simplex[sup]+[/sup] is also different. Similar in that it offers many of the same functions, but they are different detectors. Fortunately, they are both very reliably built and durable, and also provide exception in-the-field performance .... just that they are a wee bit different.

Check the link above and if you have any specific questions, you're welcome to drop me an e-mail to discuss it.

Monte

Thanks Monte , I will look it up. GS
Monte said:
https://www.findmall.com/read.php?100,2509743,2509864#msg-2509864

I just finished posting this in a thread a few minutes ago. it might be helpful.

My primary-use Relic hunting uits that handle dense iron better than anything else I've used are the Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Relic with their smallest coils, and in low-to-modest ferrous debris I can use them with a mid-size 5X9½ DD open-frame coil. I also have my Racer 2 that I keep a 7" Concentric coil mounted to. The Racer 2 and the CoRe and Relic have some similar features, but the Racer 2 is NOT just a unit made from either of them. The Racer 2 keeps a 7" Concentric coil mounted and can be used for my dense iron sites with a 5" DD I have on a spare lower rod, but it still doesn't have the same performance as a CoRe or Relic with a matching coil or similar settings. The circuitry designs are different. The Racer 2 w/7" Con. is in my urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting Team and I also use it for some 'scouting' of unfamiliar places, too.

The circuitry design of the Simplex[sup]+[/sup] is also different. Similar in that it offers many of the same functions, but they are different detectors. Fortunately, they are both very reliably built and durable, and also provide exception in-the-field performance .... just that they are a wee bit different.

Check the link above and if you have any specific questions, you're welcome to drop me an e-mail to discuss it.

Monte