Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simplex +

jim tn

Been learning two new detectors this summer, the Simplex being one of them. While I don't have a ton of hours on it since taking delivery of it late in May, enough, though, to know I enjoy using it and its performance far exceeds its price point. It ranks up there with the big boys for depth and no problems with anything, rods, coils, and the like. Mine was a "summer special" model and came with the additional SP24 coil and wireless headphones....of which, I had never had with any of my other detectors. In this case, though, it wasn't to hard to teach a old dog new tricks. The phones were quick and easy to pair up with the detector and I have never looked back.

I am a trashy environment hunter and the SP24 coil sees a fair amount of hunting time when I use the Simplex. It has found me a half dozen items of silver, coins and 2 rings, so it is doing its job.

Mine is version 2.78 and know it has had at least two up-dates. What does/did each up date correct or help or do? HH jim tn

Jim, Congrat's on the new Simplex. I was wondering if by chance you have used the Minela b Equinoxe 600. I am wondering how these two detectors would be in comparison. Continued Success to you with the Simplex.

I was wondering if by chance you have used the Minela b Equinoxe 600. I am wondering how these two detectors would be in comparison. Continued Success to you with the Simplex.
I do have more time in with the 600 and am completely sold on what it can do. The 11" coil is the best bigger coil target separator I have used in all my years of detecting. It's target I d is pretty near spot on, even at good depth.

The Simplex, however, is equal or better then detectors I've owned costing a good deal more. The Simplex gets near astounding depth, particularly for its price. In bone dry ground this morning I dug a true 6"+ clad dime with the smaller SP24 coil on. The SMF detector is in a class of its own, though, for the things I've mentioned and running quiet. How it can be set up for various hunting situations is far more then just added balls and whistles.

Like every other detector I've owned, both of these call flattened bottle caps, coins. Most of the other cap types I've learned what they are either by I d or the tone. Those flattened ones, though, just sound and I d so dam good. I still can't part with my trusty ole F 75, but every thing else is being weeded out of my arsenal. And, the F 75 hasn't seen any hunting time since I've acquired the Nox and Simplex. I enjoy using them both. HH jim tn

Jim, Thanks so much for your feedback on the Equinoxe 600 and the Simplex. It is always good to hear from one that has used both and is familiar with two detectors in comparison. I am still leaning towards the Equinox 600 for the time being. Thanks again for your time and help concerning this.

If you like hunting a slower sweep the Nox is a fantastic detector. Deep, accurate. If you like a faster sweep or hunt around thick iron, I liked the simplex more. I put about 150 hours on both machines before getting rid of them. The DEUS has me so pleased, it’s the only machine I own now. For my dirt and my sites it simply can’t be beat.

If you like hunting a slower sweep the Nox is a fantastic detector. Deep, accurate. If you like a faster sweep or hunt around thick iron, I liked the simplex more. I put about 150 hours on both machines before getting rid of them. The DEUS has me so pleased, it’s the only machine I own now. For my dirt and my sites it simply can’t be beat.
Thanks to you also IowaRelic for your feedback.

Jim, Thanks so much for your feedback on the Equinoxe 600 and the Simplex. It is always good to hear from one that has used both and is familiar with two detectors in comparison. I am still leaning towards the Equinox 600 for the time being. Thanks again for your time and help concerning this.
Although there is a price difference between the two and one would expect the Nox thus to be better. it simply is for my kind of hunting. In my case, I like to re-hunt productive sites with a 2nd and 3rd detector and with the Simplex its nice knowing it has the capabilities to find things in hunted hard spots. HH jim tn

I do have more time in with the 600 and am completely sold on what it can do. The 11" coil is the best bigger coil target separator I have used in all my years of detecting. It's target I d is pretty near spot on, even at good depth.

The Simplex, however, is equal or better then detectors I've owned costing a good deal more. The Simplex gets near astounding depth, particularly for its price. In bone dry ground this morning I dug a true 6"+ clad dime with the smaller SP24 coil on. The SMF detector is in a class of its own, though, for the things I've mentioned and running quiet. How it can be set up for various hunting situations is far more then just added balls and whistles.

Like every other detector I've owned, both of these call flattened bottle caps, coins. Most of the other cap types I've learned what they are either by I d or the tone. Those flattened ones, though, just sound and I d so dam good. I still can't part with my trusty ole F 75, but every thing else is being weeded out of my arsenal. And, the F 75 hasn't seen any hunting time since I've acquired the Nox and Simplex. I enjoy using them both. HH jim tn
Jim----If you ever got rid of your F-75 I think I would be so shocked I'd give up metal detecting!:)----Nobody knows that machine like you do.--------I have been curious how you have been getting along with your two new detectors.----Sounds like you are doing great with them.

Did my first hunt with the Simplex last week and these were some observations. Bought it primarily for the water but did a short coin dig. For the price a nice machine. Small piece of silver jewelry and fair amount of clad. With the elip coil can really manouver around trashy areas. Half the depth of the Deus but thats irrelevant for these types of areas. Seemed to be just average on iron falsing but good separation. Also to look about the same, twice as heavy as the Deus. But heres the deal. Saw a demo where the Anfibio was compared to the Deus and the EQ and the Anfibio was the only one that detected a dime by an iron nail both ways. Did a test at home and yep the Simplex does the same thing! The tone when the dime is run perpendicular to the long end of the nail gives a good signal albeit the tdi much lower and the tone scratchy. When run parallel the dime is easily picked up. Does not work with the Deus and probably wont with the EQ since it didnt with the Anfibio. This could be really nice in heavy trash where both iron and modern trash is a problem. If yall get a weak good tone turn it 90" and see if it gives a solid good signal then dig and let us know. PS i had it notched only for American coins.

Jim----If you ever got rid of your F-75 I think I would be so shocked I'd give up metal detecting!:)----Nobody knows that machine like you do.--------I have been curious how you have been getting along with your two new detectors.----Sounds like you are doing great with them.
Del, ole bud, how are you doing? No, not quite ready to yet retire the trusty ole F 75. Its been mighty good to me for 15 years or so. As mentioned, do enjoy using the Nox and Simplex, but like all other detectors, I have yet to see either of them deposit any silver in my worn out old spots. So, nothing yet seems to be a game changer. Take care, HH jim tn

detected a dime by an iron nail
I had a Kruzer and have the Simplex and with both machines, I've found lots of coins with nails in same hole and one on top of the other. It's a fun machine. Not real good on gold under 1 gram though.