Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simplix And Interferance???

mickfin

Is this problem going too be adrested??

'Interferences is EMI and in my den at home to test detectors, all of them experience EMI, and several are more annoyed than the Simplex +.

Out detecting here in town at parks and schools and the like, my Simplex + is handling things quit well and is as calm and stable as most of my detectors are, and I operate almost every one of that at near max to full Sensitivity. A couple of others get a bit noisier close to power lines and such.

As for using Pinpointers and 'interference,' I'm not having any problems there, either. I set the detector down so it's not too close to the recovery spot or my Pinpointer, and have the coil positioned away from me and the Pinpointer. I evaluated a half-dozen Pinpointers recently and the Makro pointer I've been using for 5 years come the 8th of January works fine and no issues with EMI. And my new back-up Nokta / Makro Pulse-Dive Pinpointer is also working great and I have no EMI problems with it, either.

The only thing causing 'interference' with me using my Simplex + is the very cold weather and periodic snow on the ground. There's no adjustment of updateable fix for that.

Monte

I agree Monte im all frozen ground and have snow jere in Maine and I'm getting cabin fever ive taken the Simplex out 2 time's since i got it so omg it's going too be a long winter.i may got hint a salt water beach lpl

• I live in Vale, in far eastern Oregon which is on the high desert plateau about 18 miles from Idaho and the saltwater beach is on the far west side of Oregon.

• I've been getting around with a cane since March of '93, and with the added years and declining health my mobility isn't great ... and canes don't work well, either, in loose beach sand.

However, I do appreciate your helpful hint and I'm glad you have some access to hunt during the wintry months. It's not terrible here right now. We had a ±10" snowfall on December 1st, but in a week or so it was almost all gone, but it's been windy and/or cold and not very pleasant to get out hunting. I did on three days, briefly, but the forecast for the coming week and through January is to be colder and get more snow. When I used to live in the Portland Oregon metro area it rained too much ... but when the rain stopped you could usually get in some detecting time. And I did, when healthier, make some beach visits as it was a shorter drive and a change-of-pace.

If you work them, stay warm and enjoy success.