Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SKIRMISH SITE YIELDS CAPPED DIME

DWild

Hit the 1861 Missouri State Guard vs Union skirmish site after work. Found another .58 minie and an 1833 Capped Dime. Again the farming has not been kind to the coin's condition but it's still a neat find.

Headed back early tomorrow. No telling what will show up next.

Great finds. A buddy of mine found a Missouri State Guard button at an early site. I'm in West Central Missouri. What part f the state are you located?

jimmyk in Missouri

What a site you have there. It produces ! CCH

Quick update on the following day.

Found an 1829 Coronet Large Cent and I believe an 1830 to 1850's US Navy button.

There were some so called "campaign buttons" from the 1890's that resemble this button but that is too late for this site.

I have found reference to this button being early Navy do to the vertical anchor and understand there are different variations with the eagle facing left or right. Any ideas would be appreciated. This button is smaller than a normal uniform cuff button like those on 1860's uniforms.

I can't make out the backmark yet but I am working on it.

I love that old Naval button. CCH